Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select all assemblies in a large array with one click

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bsnijders
346 Views, 3 Replies

Select all assemblies in a large array with one click

I have sometimes an array with 10x45=450 assemblies. Because this slows down my computer dramaticly I use LOD to suppress parts within the assembly. The problem is that I have to expand every single assembly in the array, select all of them and than choose the LOD I want. This takes me a lot of time. Is there a way I can select all assemblies within an array with one (or two) clicks?  

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
blair
in reply to: bsnijders

Look at using the Filter function in the model browser would be one method. The second would be to use the Auto-Sort tool in the Productivity Tab under the Assembly section, this will allow you to sort the items in the browser by part number sequence and you can then use the "shift" button which will help in sorting by allowing you to use the standard Windows selection function of clicking a start point and an end point while holding the shift key down.

To expand on the filter function, you can also use it to sort on any of the standard iProperties to the BOM (within the model eviro) using the Field Chooser function. This will allow you to filter sort on these fields as well.

You will have to change the main filter selection criteria from the default of Component Priority to Part Priority. You can also add fields to the BOM such as

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 4
bsnijders

Thanks you for your answer. I did something else wrong. Your answer pointed me in the right direction.     

Message 4 of 4
PaulMunford

Can you make use of the 'link LOD's' tool in the assembly productivity tab?

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report