Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sectioning Problem in Assembly level

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rajivsudhi
297 Views, 5 Replies

Sectioning Problem in Assembly level

Dont know why I have this problem. I am not able to take a section at my requirement. Everytime, I have to create a workplane and then define the section.

Usually the sectioning is done w.r.t flat surface/s and then the section plane can be offset depending upon our requirement and placement in the assy. I am not getting this offset option when I want a Sectioned View. The section takes where I click on the flat face straight.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Steve_Bahr
in reply to: rajivsudhi

You never mentioned which version you're on; I'm on 2010 Pro.

I believe that behavior is as designed.  I would LOVE dynamic sectioning in an assembly: grab the workplane, drag it around and watch your section update in real time.

To satisfy my own curiosity, I created an offset workplane and made the section.  I updated the offset value of that workplane and the section DID NOT change.  Nor could I grab that workplane and drag it around via mousing.

The functionality might exist in newer releases but I don't know for sure.

Steve Bahr...since 1962.
in reply to: Steve_Bahr

Yes, we need to know your version as this functionality was added in Inventor 2011 Sub Bonus Pack 1 and is fully included in Inventor 2012.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Message 4 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: mflayler2

However, a possible workaround in some situations is to temporarily unground/unconstrain the assembly and drag it back and forth through the sectioning plane(s).  Works very well for relatively small assemblies.

Message 5 of 6
rajivsudhi

Ohh Sorry... I did not ention of Inventor which I am using.

I am using the Inv2011 (The bonus pack mentioned in the earlier post). The feature works in all other machines except mine.

The problem is not with just one assembly but with all.

@Sam, U are rite. but the problem is that I work in large assemblies (having approx 50-80 sub assys and N no. of parts and hardware).

Message 6 of 6
rajivsudhi

Can somebody please give me a solution for this problem.

I am having a bad time doing assembly work without sectioning features...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report