Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Section View of Content Centre Parts

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
DanChandler
9388 Views, 6 Replies

Section View of Content Centre Parts

Is it possible to see a section view of a part which has been placed from the Content Centre i.e. a bolt, circlip etc. When I create a section view when in assembly, all the features I have created section apart from the parts I have placed from the Content Centre. I guess this is has a link with the same issue when creating a section view in a 2D drawing.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cbenner
in reply to: DanChandler

Double click the section view to edit the view properties.  Go to Display Options tab, and on bottom left pull down the Section Standard Parts box.  Select always, and all CC parts that are cut by the section will show hatching.

Message 3 of 7
DanChandler
in reply to: cbenner

Thanks, is there a way of showing the section view of the CCP when creating an assembly?

Message 4 of 7
cbenner

Well, I'll be d@&*%ed.  I've never thought to try that before, but wow.  CC parts just sort of sit out this process, don't they.  If there is a way to make them obey the section, I don't know what it is.

Anyone?  Autodesk?

Message 5 of 7
coreyparks

I am guessing you mean when you are inside an IAM file?  Go into Application Options and then the assembly tabs turn on "Section All Parts".

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
afrishman
in reply to: coreyparks

This doesn't always work.

If you find your assembly, however, in the browser tree, right click, and choose section participation, then you will get CCP to section in a drawing.

You may hev to select the option more than once to have it choose all parts in the assembly. Once to disable all and then again to enable all.

Message 7 of 7
afrishman
in reply to: afrishman

One more way, as the way I previously described only allows sectioning for that particular view in that particular drawing.

Go into Tools/Documents Settings on the part itself that will not section and go to the Modelling tab. Then choose Participate in Assembly and Drawing Sections.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report