Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scaling a spline curve

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DaveGadgeteer
1943 Views, 2 Replies

Scaling a spline curve

I started a new part, installed an image of an object (a scan) in a sketch, and traced around it using spline curves. I also included a ruler in the scan, and draw a rectangle around part of it. I hoped to scale the spline and the rectangle until the dimensions come out right, so I'd have a full-size outline to extrude from.

The rectangle scales with no problem, but the spline always fails with an error about constraints  and it not being scalable. It was made from 3 parts, but connected, and I can't see any constraints except connecting the ends. Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: DaveGadgeteer

Why didn't you get the image to 1:1 scale in your sketch first, that is what I do.

Try converting your spline to a Sketch Block, you should then be able to scale.

Attach your file here if you can't figure it out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
PaulMunford
in reply to: DaveGadgeteer

I agree with JD. Here's a link to how it's done:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzJGWA1Ut2g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you don't want to start all over again, you could try turning it into a sketch block, scaling it, and then exploding the block.

Let me know if that works!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report