Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an Inventor drawing as an AutoCAD drawing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
KevinPinks7697
269 Views, 2 Replies

Saving an Inventor drawing as an AutoCAD drawing

For some strange reason, when I save an Inventor IDW to an AutoCAD drawing. I open the AutoCAD drawing and the measurements are slightly different than in Inventor? Why is this happening and how do I fix it?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: KevinPinks7697

When you say "measurements" are you talking when you actually use the measure tool and they are different, or are you saying the dimensional values in the .idw file are different from the dimensional values in the .dwg file in Autocad.

When you open the .dwg file in Inventor, do you get the same results as in Autocad?

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
conklinjm
in reply to: Cadmanto

Could be in the options you used to export the .idw file into AutoCAD; check which data scaling method you selected.

Should be about five different options (depends on which version of Inventor you are on -- these are from Inventor 2010) ...

Base View Scale - Model Space

Base View Scale - Layout

Sheet Scale - Model Space

Sheet Scale - Layout

Full Scale - Model Space

The export results will be different depending on which option was chosen.

HTH

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report