Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHEET METAL EXTENTS FROM PARTS INTO ASSEMBLY

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
SPANGDAHLEM
634 Views, 3 Replies

SHEET METAL EXTENTS FROM PARTS INTO ASSEMBLY

Hello all.

WARNING:I am new to ilogic and creating code.

I have an assembly containing several sheet metal parts. I have a spreadsheet that needs the length and width extents (stretchouts) for each of the sheet metal parts in the assembly.

I created rules that that will update the custom iprops and the user parameter at the part level.

My problem is this: I can not get the new length and width extents into the assembly custom iprops or user parameters without opening and and updating the part models individually.

JPG 1: this is the ilogic that populates the user parameters and custom iproperties at the assembly, but it wont work.

JPG 3+4: this is the ilogic at the part level that populates the user parameter length and width extents. This is the information I need to get into the assembly but I dont know how.

JPG 1 (AT ASSEMBLY LEVEL)

1.JPG

JPG3 (AT PART LEVEL)

3.JPG

JPG4 (AT PART LEVEL)

4.JPG

TO RECAP: I NEED SHEET METAL EXTENTS TO FILTER UP FROM THE PART LEVEL TO THE ASSEMBLY LEVEL.

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

DON

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PaulMunford
in reply to: SPANGDAHLEM

So - you need an ilogic routine that opens each part file in an assembly, runs the 'create unfolded part'command, and then saves and closes each part...

I don't have this routine, but I want it 😉 I hope that Curtis Waguespack is reading this!

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 4

@PaulMunford wrote:
So - you need an ilogic routine that opens each part file in an assembly, runs the 'create unfolded part'command, and then saves and closes each part...

I don't have this routine, but I want it 😉 I hope that Curtis Waguespack is reading this!

Smiley Tongue

I'll see what I can come up with, but it might take a few days for me to get back to it.

In the mean time, this might be of interest:

http://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/INVNTOR/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aflatpatte...

Message 4 of 4

THANKS GUYS....FYI,,,,I CAN GET THE EXTENTS INFO AT THE PART LEVEL.....I JUST CANT SEEM TO PULL IT INTO THE ASSEMBLY..SNIFF...Cat Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report