Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Ilogic Rule based on user?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
DeerSpotter
324 Views, 3 Replies

Run Ilogic Rule based on user?

Would this be possible? If it is, i would like to be able to choose event triggers for certain rules based on the user type. Some users here dont know what from what sometimes, and a friendly message before they close the document like "did you check this?" would be really nice. 

If (ThisDoc.Document.DocumentType <> kDrawingDocumentObject) Then Return

IF ThisApplication.GeneralOptions.Username = username1 Then

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Else IF

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

End IF
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
..........................................................................................................................
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
..........................................................................................................................

See My LinkedIn Profile
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi m.teleguz1,

I think what you have is very close, but here's a working example. This rule checks to see if the file is not a drawing file, if it is a drawing, then it looks to see if the username matches my username: "CurtisW". So if it is me, then the rule ends, if it is not me, then the rule passes the reminder message to the user.

I hope this helps.
Best of luck to you in all of your Inventor pursuits,
Curtis
http://inventortrenches.blogspot.com

oUserName = ThisApplication.GeneralOptions.Username
If (ThisDoc.Document.DocumentType <> kDrawingDocumentObject) Then 
Return
Else
	If oUserName <> "CurtisW" Then
	MessageBox.Show("Hey " & oUserName & " don't for get to ____________!", "iLogic")
	End If
End If

Message 3 of 4
mcgyvr
in reply to: Curtis_Waguespack

I can have some FUN with that one 🙂

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 4 of 4

This is great!

oUserName = ThisApplication.GeneralOptions.Username
If (ThisDoc.Document.DocumentType <> kDrawingDocumentObject) Then 
Return
Else
	If oUserName <> "TELEGUM" Then
	MessageBox.Show("Hey " & oUserName & " don't for get to ____________!", "iLogic")

iLogicVb.RunExternalRule("G:\Drawings\testrule1.iLogicVb")
	End If
End If

I can run rules too! 

Thanks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

See My LinkedIn Profile

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report