Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revolve in assembly

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
Cad4fish
3012 Views, 22 Replies

Revolve in assembly

I will start by admitting I have not gone through all the Inventor tutorials.  I've just jumped in and been able to create several parts and assemblies.  Now I am stuck.  I want to visualize how a turned bottle stopper will look if the blank is made up of a stack of wood with alternating colors of wood and then turned to roughly an egg shape.  I may be at a dead end because from what I can tell the join/cut/intersect options for revolve are not available in an assembly.  I am attaching what I have so far and would like to know if there is another way to accomplish this.  With a derived part the stack of blocks becomes one part so I can't see what the colors will look like.

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
JDMather
in reply to: Cad4fish

@Cad4fish wrote:

... I will attach an image of my model tree.  It is different than yours. (I am using v2015.)  ...

No, your model tree is essentially identical to mine.  (I also have 2015 - I only posted 2014 file for benefit of others.)

At the top of your model tree click on the plus + symbol next to the Solid Bodies folder to expand that folder.

You should now see the list of your solid bodies.  Right click and change Properties of any body to change the color.

Also, you might set your Visual Style to Shaded with Edges.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 22 of 23
WHolzwarth
in reply to: JDMather

Perhaps an easier way for changing colors in multiple bodies:

- Choose Select bodies option in Quick Access Toolbar

- In graphics window select all bodies that need color change (CTRL click)

- Right click -> Properties

- Set new color

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 23 of 23
Cad4fish
in reply to: WHolzwarth

I finally got what I need.  I marked several of the posts as solutions as each one gave me a part of the puzzle.  However, I want to thank everyone who commented.  I read and reread all of your posts many times.  BTW, I'm a retired teacher with a little experience with 2D CAD.  My projects these days are mostly gifts and projects I do for a school where I am a volunteer assistant wrestling coach.  I have Inventor and ACAD through the educational program and my affiliation with the school.  I just find Inventor a fun program to use even when a project is so simple that 3D modelling is not needed.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report