Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision Manager

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sws1983
370 Views, 2 Replies

Revision Manager

I was using solid edge before moving to inventor, Is there a way to copy and enitre assembly and parts with a drawing file and move it to a different folder. I want to change all the part file names assembly name and drawing name and have it all update when i edit a part or the assembly? Does anyone have an insight as how to do this i cant seem to find a way to link everything together and do want to have to redetail all edited parts. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Cadmanto
in reply to: sws1983

Welcome to the forum.

If you have Vault (PDM type system) there is a command called copy design that will do what you are looking for.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 3
SBix26
in reply to: sws1983

Design Assistant is a utility that may do what you want.  Right click on your top level assembly drawing in Windows Explorer and select Design Assistant.  Then click on the Manage button on the left hand side.  This displays the whole assembly structure in the upper pane.  Select the components you wish to copy, then use the lower pane to search for files (such as drawings) that use those files.  In the upper pane, select all the components to copy, right click in the Action column and select Copy.  In the lower pane, select everything and choose Update as the action.

Then go file by file and right click on the filename and choose Change Name.  You can also edit other fields at the same time.  When finished, hit Save.

As you can see, this gets pretty tedious for a large project, or if it needs to be done frequently.  Some custom automation would be beneficial if this is the case.

Sam B
Inventor 2012 Certified Professional

Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor Professional 2013 SP1.1 Update 1
Windows XP Pro 32-bit, SP3
HP EliteBook 8730w; 4 GB RAM; Core™ 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz; Quadro FX2700M
SpaceExplorer/SpaceNavigator NB, driver 3.7.18
still waiting for a foreshortened radius dimensioning tool in Drawing Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report