Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
meck
Message 1 of 3 (371 Views)
Accepted Solution

Revision Block Alpha & Numeric

371 Views, 2 Replies
02-07-2013 02:27 PM

When a revision is created we bump up the revision using a letter. If there are multiple changes done to the drawing during that revision we will use a number to indicate that. For instance; if I have 3 changes to the drawing for Rev C they will be tagged as C1, C2, C3. However the drawing Rev in the title block should only display C.

Is there a way to make the revision block do this? Right now we place in the DESCRIPTION a note like 1. Added Dim in zone E10.  2.Text was "Flat" in zone H3. But this for goes the ZONE column that comes with the revision block and makes it difficult to edit because you cannot see the entire description while editing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Mike Eck
Senior Designer/ CAD Programmer
Howden North America
Using Inventor 2013
*Expert Elite*
LT.Rusty
Message 2 of 3 (362 Views)

Re: Revision Block Alpha & Numeric

02-07-2013 03:58 PM in reply to: meck

That's how I do it too.

I manually enter the numbers, and every time I add a new line I make sure to do the "add revision row" button, not the "add row" one.  That way my revision tags always show up as C1, C2, etc.

I've also edited the table columns manually created a sketch block to contain some other columns.  In the picture below, the CHANGE and DESCRIPTION columns are the only ones that are part of the rev table, and DATE, REV BY and APPROVED are in the sketch block, and pull their data from some custom iProperties that are in my templates.  Each time I insert the sketch block, I do have to edit the definition so that it's the right height - the height of the part that matches up to the change rows is set to equal .19025 * x, where x is the number of rows in the rev table.  It's annoying, but it looks the way my boss wants and it's less annoying than the way that one of my co-workers does it ...

REV TABLE.JPG

Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013, 2014, 2015

Work: Dell Precision T1600 (Xeon E3-1280 / 16GB / 512 GB SSD / 250 GB (Internal) / 1 TB (External) / Quadro 600)
Home: i7-4770k / ASUS Z87-Pro / 16GB / 250 GB SSD / 1 TB HDD / 3 TB USB3 HDD / Radeon R9-270X 4GB
Laptop: Toshiba Satellite P755-S5269 (i7-2630QM / 8 GB / 250 GB SSD / 750 GB HDD / GT540M)

Valued Mentor
meck
Message 3 of 3 (333 Views)

Re: Revision Block Alpha & Numeric

02-08-2013 04:09 AM in reply to: LT.Rusty

Thanks for the response. I'm surprised this hasn't been put on a wish list already.

Mike Eck
Senior Designer/ CAD Programmer
Howden North America
Using Inventor 2013
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.