Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve weld dimensions on idw

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mgeurts
586 Views, 5 Replies

Retrieve weld dimensions on idw

In Inventor 2010 is it possible to retrieve the dimensions from the weld in an idw without rewriting this dimensions?

Now when hitting weldings in idw the symbol stays empty.

1.PNG

Inventor Professional 2021
3DS Max 2022
Win 10
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Cadmanto
in reply to: mgeurts

You bring up a very good point.  I am using 2012 and there is nothing under "Feature Notes" of even importing dimensions does not even import them.  Not sure if the latest version 2014 offers anything to the such.

I am pretty sure that the dimension values show up in the parameters, and you could link them to a note, but I don't think that is what you are looking for.

So, with al of that said, I have created an idea that you can cast your kudos vote for.  At the very least it should spur on discussion as to whether this is functionality that is in later versions.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Ability-to-Import-Weld-Dimensions-into-Drawing/id...

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 6
Cadmanto

If you take a look at the idea link in my last posting you will see the answer to your question.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 4 of 6
mgeurts

Thanks for replying Scott,

It doesn't seems to work for me. I create a weld according some parameters and to get the same information on a drawing I have to type the same information in the same window again?

1.PNG

3DS Max 2022
Win 10
Message 5 of 6
Cadmanto

It didn't appear that you had to type in the same info again.  Like I stated in the idea postings I have never used this functionality for said reasons, but what James outlined did not come accross to me as you had to retype info again.

That to me would kind of defeat the purpose.

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 6 of 6
mgeurts
in reply to: Cadmanto

I found what I want.

It needs to set the Fillet Weld Linking.

Thanks for your effort.

1.PNG

3DS Max 2022
Win 10

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report