Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve lines made invisible in 2d dwg

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
759 Views, 7 Replies

Retrieve lines made invisible in 2d dwg

Hi all.

I'm editing someone's 2d inventor dwg, and want to show a part behind an object in the section that isn't currently showing (the part I want to show is on the model, in the appropriate level of detail referenced by the 2d view.) 

I believe that the author turned the line visibility off. 

Is there a way to turn all line visibilty back on in a 2d view? 

I tried looking throught he options, but haven't found a way and I'm kinda new at this.

Thanks,

Amanda

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

First try right clicking on the view boundary.

Show Hidden Edges.png

If there are any edges that have been hidden they will turn red.

Click on the ones you want back.

If this doesn't work - then there is something esle that was done and more investigation will be required.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

I did, but I didn't see anything in the options that bring back invisible lines.  I tried the "edit view" option, but nothing I tinkered with in there brought it in. 

I'm using inventor 2013 btw, if that matters.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Alternatively, is there a way to insert a sketch from in the model, i.e. if I started a sketch on the model, and projected the wanted object profile, could I snap it onto the appropriate view on the 2d dwg?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

It's something else....when I selected 'show hidden edges'  like you suggested, it only brought in a bolt pattern and nothing else that's in there.

Message 6 of 8
JDMather

@FeurerBjorn wrote:

Alternatively, is there a way to insert a sketch from in the model, i.e. if I started a sketch on the model, and projected the wanted object profile, could I snap it onto the appropriate view on the 2d dwg?

Yes, you can retrieve sketches from parts. 

But I suspect there is more going on here.

Can you Pand and Go and attach everything here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 7 of 8
CCarreiras

Hi Amanda!

Q1: I think youre making some confusion... You dont have to open the "edit view" dialog, just RMB the view and select "Show Hidden Edges". If they exist, they appear in red and you will have to select those you want back.

Q2: You can import the part sketches by RMB in the part and "Get Model Sketches"

1.png

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so, use the  Mark Solutions!  Accept as Solution or Give Kudos!Kudos - Thank you!

CCarreiras

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: CCarreiras

Thanks for your responses, everyone!  I finally figured it out.  The problem was the depth on the section that I took...the object was further back than the section cut-off.

To fix, I right clicked on the view, selected "Edit Section Properties", and from there I pulled down "distance" and added like an extra foot.  It found it.  I didn't previously know about this option, or that the person before me had set a cut-off distance.

Maybe this will help someone else some day 😄

Amanda

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report