Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retrieve Missing Section Pattern?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Cadmanto
268 Views, 4 Replies

Retrieve Missing Section Pattern?

I have a section view in which the section lines are MIA.

Is there a way to retrieve them?  So I can change the scale?

section.JPG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mpatchus
in reply to: Cadmanto

Try editing the view (either by double clicking on the view, or right clicking the view and selecting edit).

Go to the Display Options tab and ensure that the HATCHING box is checked.

Hatching.JPG

Mike Patchus - Lancaster SC

Inventor 2025 Beta

Alienware m17, Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10980HK CPU @ 2.40GHz 3.10 GHz, Win 11, 64gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below. 🙂
Message 3 of 5
cwhetten
in reply to: Cadmanto

This might be a long shot, but did you use the content center to create that channel?  If so, it might not be sectioning the channel because it is a "standard" part.  Depending on your document settings and / or drawing view standards, standard parts may not automatically participate in section views.

If this is the case, no hatching would show up.  Try editing the drawing view > Display Options tab > Section Standard Parts > change to "Always".  If what I described above is true, then you will suddenly have hatching in your view.

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: mpatchus

Thanks for the reply, but the hatching is checked.

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 5
Cadmanto
in reply to: cwhetten

Ding, ding, ding!!!

After you posted this I felt like I just had a duh moment.  I realiezed that I have experienced this before, but forgot at the moment that these were CC parts.  You were right.  As soon as I selected "Always my hatching appeared.

Thanks 

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report