Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Representation View Lock gone automatically

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
vuchkobg
606 Views, 7 Replies

Representation View Lock gone automatically

Hi,

I've noticed in inv.pro.2012 that after properly locking the link with representation view in idw, saving the files, and then after replacing a part in iam, some of my links in idw views are again unlocked (and I hope you know what that means for the drawing itself). Can anyone confirm this problem, and/or give a solution, since I never had it in inv.pro.2010 and earlier versions.

BR,

VuCHkO

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

Can you share with us a screenshot of it. I couldn't able to reproduce it on my side.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8

Hello,

There is not much to show in the screenshot (attached), except to clearout what am I talking about. After recheck it manually, my view is sometimes restored, but sometimes not so I have to redo all the dimensioning. Another side of the problem is that it happens on other sheets too, and I don't want to check all of them every time a part is added or replaced...

Thanks

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the screenshot. From your screenshot, I understand that the associative option is turned off automatically. Does this happen on all files or a specific drawing. 

Did you manage to update the entire drawing and save it with the associative option turned on for your views. I couldn't able to reproduce it on my side.

If you could give me the dataset by doing a packngo of it or a short video of what you are doing before associativity gets turned off automatically. This would help me to reproduce it.

Will wait for your reply.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 8

Hi Vinod,

Unfortunately it is not that simple. There are four of us working with the Inventor software in our office, and it's a mixture of English, German, professional and standard versions. Normally, minimum two of us are working on the same project, but it can also be different. I am able to see the problem only when a new part is added and it ruins my views.

So, at first I thought someone forgets to check the lock box, or something, but then it happened to me alone like this: IDW was saved with all the checkboxes, all clean and fit. Then I've added some bolts and nuts (it assumes patterns), and few of my views were "self-unchecked"...

I hope this will help you reveal the bug...

BR,

VuCHkO

Message 6 of 8

Did you try to update your drawing before doing a save everytime. I couldn't able to reproduce this behavior on my test dataset. 

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

This is the first post i am seeing that addresses this issue.

I have been working in Inventor for some time now and now on 2015 - and have experienced the same issues. I havent found an answer online or through the support tech who i have used for 3 different companies (he seems to avoid getting back to me on this one after years of asking). Locked representations in an assembly should reflect their 'locked' status in the .idw file correct?

Everytime i revise an .iam to add a part or make more representations with new configurations; even while leaving the original representation locked and untouched... ALL of my views/representations in ALL of my layouts that are linked to that .iam show any changes i have made (in all representations in that .iam file). the only way to remedy the views are to go into each on the layout, switch from the desired representation onto another, close out, then double click the view and click onto the desired representation again to 'reset' it. it has been a constant annoyance that i figured would be remedied by now; unless there is something i am doing wrong, or my misinterpretation of what representations should do (like they are only meant to be functional in the assembly file itself) or a setting/proceedure that i need to adjust. But i have checked out everything and have not found any answers. PLEASE HELP! typically working in with 25 assemblies at a time (that get revised about 3 times prior to production) {and usually like to group like assemblies into 1 .iam} that avergae 2-3pgs of drawings per assembly that have between 4-10 viws on each pg... i wont even go into what i was having to do when working on the Barclays Arena concepts or WTC steel structure drawings... just equals up to alot of my time for something i feel the program should be doing.

Please advise. 

Message 8 of 8
vuchkobg
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi James,

FYI we never got a solution, but in the meantime the problem disappeared... We are still on 2014, and is at least good to know about the 2015 issues Smiley Happy.

My suggestion to you is to search the VBA possibilities to make a procedure that automatically lock your views again, and use that when needed. This is how we normally solve things ourselves...

BR, VuCHkO

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report