Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename idw using DA

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
378 Views, 5 Replies

Rename idw using DA

Is there a way to rename an IDW using the design assistant? I need to rename the IDW but since the IDW is always at the top level of the hierarchy there's no means for renaming it. How are others handling this confusion?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Rename in explorer. If it is the top level then renaming it here will not matter. Kathy Johnson
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

There's a flaw in that concept because I'm working in shared mode. That's what I've been doing but everytime I open it I have to steal it's check out after I rename it and that doesn't seem like a safe and proper way for doing things.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Then copy the IDW in DA. Then go into explorer and delete the old file. Kathy Johnson
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

In DA I copy the part, then refresh and delete the part with the wrong number.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Check the part in before you rename it. ohunome wrote: > There's a flaw in that concept because I'm working in shared mode. That's what I've been doing but everytime I open it I have to steal it's check out after I rename it and that doesn't seem like a safe and proper way for doing things. -- Hal Gwin Mechanical Designer Xenogen W2K SP4 Dell Precision 650 Dual 2.66 GHz Xeon 1.5 GB DDR Quadro4 900 XGL nVidia 6.14.10.5214 w/registry update Dell UltraSharp 19" LCD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report