Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing detail view boundary box

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
7668 Views, 13 Replies

Removing detail view boundary box

How does one remove the boundary box for a detail view? I don't want it sitting in my main view, as this is a conveyor and it's very obvious at to where the drive arrangement is sited. See attached. 

I'm guessing changing it to another layer that does not print is one option, or? 

Thanks,

Adrian

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
-niels-
in reply to: Anonymous

Right-click and "edit view" on your detail, then on the "display options" tab uncheck "defenition in base view".

Hope this helps.

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: -niels-

I got rid of it using a layer that I turned off but your solution is way better! Thanks so much for this. 

Message 4 of 14
okaleja

Hello,

You can hide the boundary box by following steps:

1. Edit View... on detail view

2. In the Edit Dialog click on the Display Options tab

3. Uncheck Definition in Base View

Oto Kaleja

Autodesk

Oto Kaleja
Software Engineer
Message 5 of 14
Chassuer
in reply to: okaleja

Here is a question: Is there a way to get the border to stay around the postion the view is coming from, but not around the detail itself? The border around my detail is running into another part (and before anyone says: "move the other part", I do not have the room and I do not want to start a new sheet). I am using Inventor 2015

Message 6 of 14
t_pcoll
in reply to: Chassuer

Hi,

I'm not quite sure I understand.. can you post an image or so?

Thanks
Ladislav

Autodesk

Message 7 of 14
callum3DX6P

Does anyone have any solutions for Chassuers post?

"Here is a question: Is there a way to get the border to stay around the postion the view is coming from, but not around the detail itself? The border around my detail is running into another part (and before anyone says: "move the other part", I do not have the room and I do not want to start a new sheet). I am using Inventor 2015"

Many thanks

Message 8 of 14
SBix26
in reply to: callum3DX6P

As @t_pcoll suggested, an image would be very helpful; we aren't mind readers.

The broken edge of a detail view (which is all I can see of the "border" in the actual detail view) is on the Break Line layer, so turning off that layer makes the broken edge invisible (and everything else on that layer, too...).  I haven't found a way to select that broken edge, so it doesn't seem possible to move it to a different layer.

Anyone else?

Sam B

Inventor Professional 2018.2.3
Windows 7 SP1

Message 9 of 14
t_pcoll
in reply to: SBix26

Hi Sam,

right, it's not possible to select Detail view cut lines - that's as designed. However you can change the layer they are using by modifying: Style Editor->Standard->Object Defaults->Edit Object Defaults Style->Detail Cut Line.

Thanks

Ladislav

Message 10 of 14
johnsonshiue
in reply to: t_pcoll

Hi! To extend Ladislav's solution, you can also make change to specific detail view, not all detail views. Select the detail boundary and go to Annotate tab -> go to the far right and find two combo lists. The top one is the layer assignment and the bottom one is the standard assignment. Simply change it to an invisible layer and it will be hidden.

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 11 of 14
SBix26
in reply to: johnsonshiue

@johnsonshiue If I'm understanding the OP correctly, he/she wants to turn off visibility of the broken edge shown in the detail view, and this is not selectable.  The definition in the parent view can be selected and therefore altered, but not the jagged edge in the child view.

Sam B

Windows 7 SP1

Message 12 of 14
SBix26

On the other hand, if you have the whole boundary shown, try turning off that option:

Detail Boundary.png

This might be all you need to do.

Sam B

Windows 7 SP1

Message 13 of 14
callum3DX6P

Hi All

Thanks for your suggestions.. 

t_pcoll your idea worked for me.. i changed the layer to a thin white line which works as i'm exporting my drawings to PDF with a white background so this detail boundary is then not visible. 

Thank you 

Message 14 of 14
bike_josh
in reply to: SBix26

This is exactly the approach you should take if you have a drawing with several detail views. You can hide the cut boundary for some and keep others shown.

Turn the option for show full detail boundary ON. This will make it so that the outline IS selectable. You can then change the layer in the dropdown to something hidden. I created a new layer to do this so that I wouldn't mess anything else up. This change only applies to a single detail view so you'll have to repeat for others you'd like to hid the boundary for as well. 

--Josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report