Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference Parts

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
stugib82
826 Views, 9 Replies

Reference Parts

Hi.

Can anyone help me??

I'm having trouble showing a reference part in an assembly drawing. When said part is set to "reference" it is no longer visible on the drawing. Does anyone know why this could be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
mrattray
in reply to: stugib82

Check the view settings. They should look like mine if you want them to appear like normal parts.

Capture.JPG

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 3 of 10
stugib82
in reply to: mrattray

Hi.

Thanks for your help and have adjusted my settings but it doesn't seemed to have helped.

Any other suggestions?

Message 4 of 10
mrattray

Can you attach the data set here, or supply pictures of what you're seeing?

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Are you sure the visibility of the part is turned on in the assembly?

If the view was created with the visibility of the part off, then turn visibility on and make the view associative.

Message 6 of 10
johnsonshiue

Hi! Could you post an example of the problem you are seeing here or send the files to me? The behavior does not sound right to me.

Thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer
Message 7 of 10
stugib82
in reply to: johnsonshiue

Hi,

It's not possible to show what I am seeing at the moment. The part is visible in the drawing when it is set as a default part but when I change it to reference it disappears from the view.

Message 8 of 10
SBix26

Is the reference part at some distance from the rest of the parts in the view?  Reference parts are not taken into account when calculating the extents of the view, so the view is essentially cropped around the "real" parts.  You can adjust this view margin in the Edit View box, Model State tab.  The margin shown is what Inventor calculated, but you can increase it in order to pick up reference parts that may be partially or totally left out of the view.

Don't know if that's what's happening in your case, though, since you haven't posted any images or files.

Message 9 of 10
mrattray

If you want a solution then you need to show us something, otherwise we're just shooting into the dark.

Why can't you show us? If it's confidentiality issues, make up a model and drawing that exhibits the same behaviour.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 10 of 10
stugib82
in reply to: mrattray

I'm not currently at work and won't be back until Thursday. Will try and get something sent then. I appreciate the help. Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report