Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefining coordinate system so floor is correct in Showcase

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
paulmcnamara6162
3005 Views, 4 Replies

Redefining coordinate system so floor is correct in Showcase

Hi,

I am trying to use showcase, but when i insert my model, it is upside down.

I've tried resetting the home view in Inventor, but still when I open it in showcase, the floor does not change it's position.

So it appears the floor is defined purely by the xyz coordinates.

I tried redefining the planes in the pinned .ipt part in my assembly but it fell apart due to other features.

How on earth do I do this? you would think it would be as simple as redifining the floor, but the only thing i can seem to do is move the floor up and down, not flip it around.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

when importing Inventor model to Showcase, you can check on "Open the Import Status Window" in the Convert Imported Models dialog, so that you can see Import Status dialog during import. Select the model name and in righ-click context menu you can modify the Model Properties... which includes Unit & Original up-axis to adjust the imported models.

After imported, you can set Floor Position in Showcase via "Edit->Set Floor Position...", generally "Move to Bottom of Model" to make the model look like placing on the floor.

Hope it helps.

Allen Bai
Senior User Experience Designer
Design, Lifecycle & Simulation
Message 3 of 5

Thanks that almost worked, but there are not enough options to change the axis.

I am only given the option to change the original up-axis to +Z or +Y.

It loads +Y on my model by default, however my model needs to have +Y pointing down in order to be upright...

It looks better when i change it to +Z, but ideally i need the Y axis pointing down.

any ideas?

Message 4 of 5

You also need to ajust the position on imported models. Select the models you want to adjust and press [H] key, you can see there is a coordinate system actived on the model. And, you can change it to any position you want via rotate or move.

11.PNG

Allen Bai
Senior User Experience Designer
Design, Lifecycle & Simulation
Message 5 of 5

Thanks! press H, couldn't have been much simpler!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report