Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rectangular Coil

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
badbjbass
2701 Views, 4 Replies

Rectangular Coil

Hi, I'm Brandon and Im having a bit of an issue making a part and I would greatly appreciate any help I can get because quite frankly, I havent found an easy solution anywhere. So here's my story:

I love working with inventor, and I know my way around the program fairly well. I have the most recent version of Inventor (2013), and I decided to make a gun for a challenge. Its been fun to build, and has indeed proven to be a challenge, considering it has about 50 parts to it. Most of the parts are fairly easy to build, but when I got to this one, I just couldn't find an easy solution. It's a spring. It goes in the magazine of the gun, so its rectangular. If you look at the front view of the spring, it is a rectangle with the top and bottom of the rectangle rounded to fit perfectly into the magazine. I know this may be confusing, but I'm hoping if you're reading this you know enough about guns to know that the magazines of guns usually are rectangular. Anyway, my problem is finding a quick and easy solution to building this spring, while also having it adaptable with an assembly so i may compress it. If there is any other way I can make this other than creating multiple planes and lofting the whole thing, that would be great.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
badbjbass
in reply to: badbjbass

oops. At the end I mean I make multiple planes and SWEEPING it, not lofting it.

Message 3 of 5
glenn-chun

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

Attach your file of what you have been able to complete if you can't figure it out.

Pictures of actual part help too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
badbjbass
in reply to: glenn-chun

Thank you so much! That helps me SO much. Very appreciated. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report