Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended inventor version for 1GbRam PC

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Secttor
1254 Views, 14 Replies

Recommended inventor version for 1GbRam PC

Hy..which version is recommended for a pc. with 1Gb Ram and Windows XP SP3 installed? The needed feature (99%) is the metal-sheet so this should be the criteria of selection.

2014,2013 or below?

The LT edition has the Metal-Sheet excluded so this couldn't be a solution.

Thanks!

Revit MEP - Electrical Certified Professional
Revit MEP - Mechanical Certified Professional

Draftworks.wordpress.com
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
blair
in reply to: Secttor

I have included the system requirements for Inventor. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15402497&linkID=9242018#section4 As you can see, XP Professional 32 bit is not recommended for Inventor. On a system with only 1Gb of memory I would think that Inventor 214 would be extremely painful to work on. Even just working on 1 part at a time.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 15
Secttor
in reply to: blair

Saw that 2013 version is not so critical with sys. req. I only need the Sheet Metal from it..and from LT Edition is excluded. The default edition req. seems to be 2GbRam..will work?

Capture.JPG

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 15
blair

All resellers and Autodesk will only be selling the current version and issuing licenses for the current version. Since the current version has been released in April the only new licenses that Adesk will issue will be current version software.

You had best look for hardware for the current release of software. It's not like car buying where you can hope to pick up the last-years model as the new models are hitting the showroom floor.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 15
sam_m

If you're able to justify the cost of Inventor (and the full release instead of LT) then how can you not justify a new pc?

a pc with 1gb ram is likely to be v old, with a poor cpu and graphics card - the productivity you will get out of any software will be minimal, if you can even get the software to run...  If you're not thinking about big assemblies or complicated parts with lots of surfaces then you don't even need an all-singing all-dancing wizz-bang pc - pretty much anything ok to play games will run Inventor, and will be a fraction of the cost of a new Inventor licence.

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 6 of 15
mrattray

Buy a new PC.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 7 of 15
dgorsman
in reply to: mrattray

Or, spend a few hours investigating the motherboard to see what type of RAM it takes and purchase more RAM.  But long term you will be better served by better hardware - and not just for Inventor.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 8 of 15
Secttor
in reply to: dgorsman

Well..here we are.. do you think that an update to .net framework will let me install and use Inventor?

Thanks for any suggestion

System.JPG

System 2.JPG

Draftworks.wordpress.com
Message 9 of 15
DarrenP

maybe

you probably need to download .net 4 from microsoft website: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

but the system requirements says this: Windows XP Professional 32-bit is not recommended for Inventor

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
mcgyvr

@Secttor wrote:

Well..here we are.. do you think that an update to .net framework will let me install and use Inventor?

Isn't that what the dialog says?

and you need to be aware of the system requirements again... 

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticl...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 11 of 15
mrattray

No. Buy a new PC.

That thing is a relic and belongs in a dumpster. I wouldn't even use it for Excel...

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 12 of 15
LT.Rusty

@Secttor wrote:

System.JPG

You're wasting your time, and probably just going to raise your blood pressure and accelerate your hair loss with this.  You'd be better off trying to qualify for pole position in the Daytona 500 with a 1989 Ford [censored - yes, really].

I'm sorry, but you need a new computer.

(Also: lolwut?)

Capture.JPG

Rusty

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
dgorsman
in reply to: LT.Rusty

😄  Considering the spam issues, I think that one can be forgiven.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 14 of 15
LT.Rusty
in reply to: dgorsman

@dgorsman wrote:

😄  Considering the spam issues, I think that one can be forgiven.

I don't know ... I think Autodesk might just be prejudiced against Ford!  You know that reflection map with the guy on the motorcycle in the parking lot?  Look at that one again ... motorcycle, 2 Saabs, a Mini, and (IIRC) a Subaru and a Jetta!  No Fords there!  Smiley LOL

Rusty

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

You realize that XP is a dead OS and that by attempting to put the 2014 version of INV on a 2003 OS is only asking for trouble.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report