Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Cross-section textures

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
ad64
852 Views, 8 Replies

Real Cross-section textures

For a very long time Inventor users have only had the option of "cement" textures on all 3d-model cross-sections. Does anyone else think that it's about time  for Inventor to add an option that would enable cross-sections to have the same texture or at least the same colour as the components they section. Not only would this be more visually appealing than a pixelated grey bitmap, it would make it easier to differentiate between the different sectioned components, especially when showing the models during presentations.

Steve

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: ad64

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: cbenner

There's seriously been no progress on this in almost 10 years??

Message 4 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I'm not questioning whether this will actually work, but when the second step is 'Start messing with the registry', this ceases to be a workaround and becomes a dodgy bodge, especially when it's posted by an AD employee with a 'We disavow all knowledge' statement on the top.

The weird thing is that the hack itself suggests that an actual fix isn't really that deep.  I found one posting on the ideastation here with regards to this issue but it's only dated last year.

Message 6 of 9
cbenner
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, I would have to agree with you there.  I don't like touching the registry.  Have you offered Kudos to the Idea Station post?  It might not hurt to post a new thread here linking to the idea and asking people to vote for it.  The more votes, the better the chances.

Message 7 of 9
ad64

From what I could tell, this work-around (if one could call messing with the registry a workaround) only substitutes the cement texture with a different texture. (I didn't want to mess with my registry to confirm, but this appears to be what the pictures show). It seemingly doesn't offer a setting where all parts have their actual texture in the cross-section (ie. wood texture on wood parts, steel texture on steel parts, glass texture on glass parts, etc.) That is really what I'm looking for - the ability to show each part's actual texture in a cross-section.

Steve

Message 8 of 9
mrattray
in reply to: ad64

And maybe some differentiation between components of the same material? You know, like a REAL section view?
Nah, that's craziness. It can all look like concrete.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 9 of 9
ad64

Here's a link to an Ideastation page for this idea. Please vote for it!

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-IdeaStation/Slice-Graphics-Update/idc-p/5137066#M5336

Steve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report