Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ray Tracing not applying shadows or lighting correctly.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
cmberry20
1576 Views, 6 Replies

Ray Tracing not applying shadows or lighting correctly.

Just started having a play with ray tracing in Inventor 2013 Pro & I'm quite impressed how quickly you can get a rendered view of a model. However, it seems no matter how I set up the lighting or the shadows in the 'Settings' menu when I click on 'Tay Tracing' it seems to default back to some original settings. The shadows & lighting in any of the drop down menus don't seem to be applied. eg. I select 'Two Lights' from the menu, then select 'Settings' I then adjust the shadows & the lights from within the menu. It all looks good on the screen & click Ray Tracing & everything that I've done doesn't get applied? However, when I cancel & stop the Ray Tracing the shadows & Lights are still there. Am I doing something wrong or missing something? Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Tobbe-65
in reply to: cmberry20

I´ve exactly the same problem..(nice to here that i´m not alone).....

An explanation would be nice....thanks...

Message 3 of 7
sagarshah08
in reply to: cmberry20

I've been working on this Ray Tracing for a project.

Having same prob so I change the material or change the colour according to the requirements.

I am gettin unwanted shadows of the parts n reflections and all that stuff ...

so far i know that if you change the lighting and views thn it applies only in rendering an image not in ray tracing

so yea if you want to get an image thn play around with material and colours to get the image you want thn edit tht in photoshop ..

i'm doing the same but still looking for that lighting solution... 

Message 4 of 7
blair
in reply to: sagarshah08

I move into the Studio environment, as it allows me to move the lights around by simply dragging the lights and their target spots as well. I only use the Ray-Trace in the Model environment for quick viewing and not to save for any downstream art-work for brochures and such.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 5 of 7
sagarshah08
in reply to: blair

Hey How About solidworks Photoview 360 

I mean DO you have any Idea about it´.

I want an HD Image for marketing Purpose. 

So trying different things out.

Thanks,

Message 6 of 7
blair
in reply to: sagarshah08

Not familar with S-W's PhotoWorks. You have much better control of lighting and camera in the Studio enviroment inside Inventor than working in the Model environment with RayTrace.

You can Render to the resolution you require in Studio and not stuck with your screen resolution. You also get the ability to use a solid color background and by selecting the Alpha Chanel option, the background will become transparent, which is nice for brochure work.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 7
sagarshah08
in reply to: blair

That's I know but I can't get the 2 MB size of an image if I use rendering . For that I have to use ray trace command and set the resolution 4096*4096 thn and thn I can get around 2Mb of an image .

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report