Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

50 REPLIES 50
Message 1 of 51
sdotson
3603 Views, 50 Replies

RIP Dennis Jeffrey

I don't frequent these foums much anymore but I had some news I felt needed to be delivered.

The Inventor community lost a great resource and advocate.. Dennis Jeffrey passed away this last weekend.  I had the pleasure of meeting Dennis several times and spoke with him on the phone on numerous occasions. He was a great guy and will be missed.

http://hosting-24267.tributes.com/show/ ... y-91821761

50 REPLIES 50
Message 21 of 51
pgcust
in reply to: sdotson

One of the first people to help me with my Inventor problems.

R.I.P. Dennis

Message 22 of 51
Dennis_Jeffrey

Hello All,

I wasn't going to post anything but I decided I should.  I know that my Father had a great respect and passion for his work and a real love for the industry.  I am pasting the e-mail I sent out earlier so that everyone can have the information regarding the funeral.

Thank you for all of you support.  He loved these groups and truly loved helping anyone and everyone solve whatever problem they had be it personally or professionally.

Proud Father and great man Dennis L. Jeffrey, 64, passed away on Sunday evening July 3rd.  This has been a very hard time for myself and my family to say the least.  It is impossible to sum up my Dad's life and influence on others in an e-mail.  He was a man of many talents and a man of many answers.  He would help anyone in need at any time at any cost to himself.  The lessons that he has taught thousands will continue to influence millions.  I know that even though I will miss his physical presence dearly, the memories and lessons past, present, and future that he has given and will continue to give will be with me forever.

I Love You and Miss You Dad.

Josh Jeffrey

Funeral Services are as follows:
Visitation

Friday July 08
2:00 PM to 4:00 PM
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
D.O. McComb & Sons Lakeside Park
1140 Lake Avenue Fort Wayne, IN 46805

Funeral Service

Saturday July 09
11:00 AM
D.O. McComb & Sons Lakeside Park
1140 Lake Avenue Fort Wayne, IN 46805

Online tributes and more information:

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 23 of 51
mbenoy
in reply to: Dennis_Jeffrey

So sad.  Will be thinking of the family.  RIP Dennis.  You will be missed.

Michael Benoy
Designer
Scott Safety

Inventor 2013 Pro, Windows 7, 64bit
Intel® Xeon® Processor W3580 (8M Cache, 3.33 GHz)
12 GB DDR3, NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800
Message 24 of 51
TravisNave

Thanks for letting the rest of the community know.  Dennis was a true asset to the Autodesk community and he will surely be missed.  Rest in peace my friend.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 25 of 51
brian
in reply to: TravisNave

Rest In Peace Dennis,

A very sad loss for your family and all those whos lives have been touched and influenced with your passion for helping others. A real hole will be left in the Inventor community.

Brian Corbin

Message 26 of 51
scottmoyse

RIP Dennis.

I've only been around on these forums for a few years, but plenty long enough to know what a legend Dennis is. Although I have had many a heated debate with him, I always respected his wealth of knowledge and willingness to help, even those who may have given him a bit of lip on the forums every now and then. The sign of a truly genuine man!

He has definitely left his mark on this discussion group, thankfully his pearls of wisdom will be forever searchable on these boards for as long as they remain.

Condolences to the Jeffery family, all the best.

Scott Moyse

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 27 of 51
pauldoubet

I am saddened to hear of this loss. I feel very fortunate to have met and worked with Dennis. He was a great asset to the Inventor community. Just recently I started to work on a small project for him and really looked forward to finishing it...RIP Dennis. You will be missed by all who knew you.

Respectfully, Paul D. Doubet

Message 28 of 51
IgorMir

My condolences and deepest sympathies to you and your family, Josh. It is a big loss for all of us.

Igor.

Web: www.meqc.com.au
Message 29 of 51
cvbt-thailand
in reply to: IgorMir

Every day I search this forum I find Dennis' name.  For many years to come I'm sure I will continue to benefit from his sharing his knowledge. 

Dennis' legacy lives on every time we help someone else solve a problem through these forums, email or a phone call.

Geoffrey Wheeler
AutoCAD Mechanical 2011 SP2, IV Pro 2011 64bit SP2, stand alone, Design Review 2018, DWG True View 2018, Inventor View // Win7 Ultimate SP1
ASUS P8H61-M LE, Intel i5-3450 @ 3.10 GHz, 8GB RAM // ATI AMD Radeon HD 6600 Series, 1GB RAM
Message 30 of 51
-niels-

I've never met or talked to Dennis in person, but i've read many of his numerous posts on this newsgroup.

He was a great help and will be missed.

R.I.P. Dennis Jeffrey

Niels van der Veer
Inventor professional user & 3DS Max enthusiast
Vault professional user/manager
The Netherlands

Message 31 of 51

How Sad, I have had quite a few posts on this forum answered by Dennis.

Dennis was a repected man in this forum.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends, I am sure he will be sadly missed.

Kindest regards Adrian

Message 32 of 51
ozitag

A true inventor expert has gone. There are few who have helped more on this forum.

Condolences to his family.

Ozitag.

IV 2010
Message 33 of 51
guyh
in reply to: ozitag

I just want to echo what everybody else has said.  I have posted on here for a few years now and logged on to see what was going on and saw this thread.  In almost every thread I read or started Dennis would be there to offer advice and information.  Without people like him helping others this place would not be the community it is and a great resource for many learning CAD.

RIP

AutoCADM 2011 SP2
Inventor Pro 2011 SP2
Message 34 of 51
rdyson
in reply to: guyh

I'm absolutely shocked!

I just talked with him a few days ago and had no idea. He was his normal chatty self.

Best wishes to his famil.

PDSU 2016
Message 35 of 51
beau-tech

OMG, what a shock!! He was a big help to me over the last few years. One time when having a problem with my systems crashing, and working on a hot job, he offered to meet me half-way to his place to loan me a computer. Rest in peace Dennis. My condolenses to his family. Pete
Message 36 of 51
GroulsM

My sincerest condolences to you and your family, Josh.
He was a distinguished selfless man.
We will miss him.
Rest in peace Dennis.

Matthias
GERMANY

Message 37 of 51
MikahB

Extremely sorry to hear this.  I knew Dennis only through this forum and the wealth of knowledge he shared here.  Learning all that he knew is an admirable feat, but his dedication to sharing what he knew and helping others made him an admirable man (among, I'm certain, many other non-Inventor related traits).

RIP Dennis, my thoughts go out to his family and all those affected by this loss.

Mikah Barnett
All Angles Design
Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3770k @ 4.5GHz
32GB DDR3-2400 RAM
GeForce GTX 670 4GB
Message 38 of 51
moto748
in reply to: MikahB

Very sad news. What he has given to these forums must be incalcuable. Autodesk themselves, as much as anyone llse, must owe him a big debt of thanks.

Message 39 of 51
alh-telesis

Ouch!

RIP

Smiley Sad

Message 40 of 51
dordrecht1500

Though I never considered him a friend, he was a huge contributor to the Autodesk community, and I give condolences to his family and keep them in my prayers.   He will be missed by me and many others here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report