Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quickly visualizing machined surfaces

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
267 Views, 3 Replies

Quickly visualizing machined surfaces

I was thinking about a way to visualize machined surfaces on cast parts and weldments. The thought is, by changing the color of the surfaces of a part through the properties. Then, doing some machining by extruding some shape through the part (cut), and the orginal color of the part reappears. Much like painting a cast before machining. Now the question is, is there an easy way to select all the surfaces of a part to change the color at once? (I know I can keep the shift-key pressed and select all the surfaces, but the I have click every single one) Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Wouldn't it be easier to change the part color to the "painted" color and then change all your feature colors to "machined". Maybe someone else will give a better answer. VR "Paul" wrote in message news:40576c9e_2@newsprd01... > I was thinking about a way to visualize machined surfaces on cast parts and > weldments. The thought is, by changing the color of the surfaces of a part > through the properties. Then, doing some machining by extruding some shape > through the part (cut), and the orginal color of the part reappears. Much > like painting a cast before machining. > > Now the question is, is there an easy way to select all the surfaces of a > part to change the color at once? (I know I can keep the shift-key pressed > and select all the surfaces, but the I have click every single one) > > > > Thanks > > > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

in an assembly, select the part, and go to that drop down menu all the way on the right. That lists you available colors. In a part, just go and change the color through the drop dpwn. "Paul" wrote in message news:40576c9e_2@newsprd01... > I was thinking about a way to visualize machined surfaces on cast parts and > weldments. The thought is, by changing the color of the surfaces of a part > through the properties. Then, doing some machining by extruding some shape > through the part (cut), and the orginal color of the part reappears. Much > like painting a cast before machining. > > Now the question is, is there an easy way to select all the surfaces of a > part to change the color at once? (I know I can keep the shift-key pressed > and select all the surfaces, but the I have click every single one) > > > > Thanks > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

you can apply a color to a FEATURE as well as individual faces which is sometimes quicker. Right click the feature in the browser and select propertys "Donovan Cox" wrote in message news:4057715d$1_3@newsprd01... > in an assembly, select the part, and go to that drop down menu all the way > on the right. That lists you available colors. In a part, just go and change > the color through the drop dpwn. > > > "Paul" wrote in message news:40576c9e_2@newsprd01... > > I was thinking about a way to visualize machined surfaces on cast parts > and > > weldments. The thought is, by changing the color of the surfaces of a part > > through the properties. Then, doing some machining by extruding some shape > > through the part (cut), and the orginal color of the part reappears. Much > > like painting a cast before machining. > > > > Now the question is, is there an easy way to select all the surfaces of a > > part to change the color at once? (I know I can keep the shift-key pressed > > and select all the surfaces, but the I have click every single one) > > > > > > > > Thanks > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report