Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put miter cuts on tubes at assembly level

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
astarnes
471 Views, 2 Replies

Put miter cuts on tubes at assembly level

I couldn't find any related articles on here, but i'm sure this question has been brought up often.  I have an assembly of a frame composed of many tubes.  Some of those tubes are stricly for support and need 45 degree miter cuts.  I've been sketching a triangle on either end of these tubes (in assembly level) and extruding them when miter cuts are needed, but when many are needed, it gets extremely tedious.

Is there a way to speed this process up? I know iFeature's aren't supported in the assembly level, but was curious of any other options.  These tubes are all iParts with almost 2000 variations a piece so I'm avoiding doubling that by adding a mitered version of each variation in the iPart.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: astarnes

@astarnes wrote:

Is there a way to speed this process up?

Are you using the Frame Generator?

If not, why not?

If yes, can you post example where the built-in Miter tool is not working?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
astarnes
in reply to: JDMather

No I am not using the Frame Generator because this will be an iAssembly in the top level and I am not sure that you are able to change the parameters (length of lines, number of parallel lines, etc.) of the skeleton using iLogic functioniality to account for multiple variations.  If this is a possiblity I'd like to consider it a valid option, because then I could add all my custom profiles to the content center.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report