Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging an unwanted Standard using "Style and Standard Editor".

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HarryP108
1244 Views, 5 Replies

Purging an unwanted Standard using "Style and Standard Editor".

I have an unwanted standard in an .idw template that has the "Purge Style" greyed out when I right click on it. If I remove the custom Title Block and Border it is no longer greyed out - which tells me that they are both referencing this Standard.

This standard was created when I was playing around with the "Style and Standard Editor" some time ago. The "Style and Standard Editor" is still a bit of a bug bear of mine. 

Can someone please suggest how I can purge this Standard? Or at least how I can find what is referencing it so I can work at purging it?

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SBix26
in reply to: HarryP108

Are you using an external Styles Library?  What version of Inventor?

Message 3 of 6
HarryP108
in reply to: SBix26

Inventor Professional 2011.

Not using an external Styles Library.

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
Message 4 of 6
SBix26

Try this (assume Standard A is your official drawing standard, Standard B is the one you want to get rid of, which is still referenced by the title block and border)

- make a copy of your drawing template. 

- in the copy, delete Standard A.

- in the copy, rename Standard B to Standard A.

- in the template, delete the title block and border that refer to Standard B (and delete Standard B if you wish).

- copy the title block and border from the copy to the template; they bring along the standard in which they were created, which is now the same name as the one in your template.

This gets a little bit more complicated with a style library, but still the same essential procedure.

Disclaimer: I did not figure this out on my own.  I learned it from this very forum four or five years ago, but I'm too lazy to search for the link.

Message 5 of 6
HarryP108
in reply to: SBix26

Thanks for your input.

After getting my head around what you said I tried that - but was unable to do it. Reason being the Standard A and B are both "in use" so neither can be purged.

Next...? Smiley Happy

Regards.

Inventor Professional.
Windows 10.
Message 6 of 6
SBix26

??  Earlier you said that Standard B could be purged if you deleted the title block and border-- that's what I'm suggesting that you do.  But at the same time, you're fooling the title block and border into thinking they're part of Standard A.

Post your template here, and I'll have a shot at it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report