Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punches

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ASchlaack
242 Views, 4 Replies

Punches

Can you make a punch and have it driven by one adjustable dimension?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Dell Windows 8.1 64 bit Intel(R) Xeon(R) @ 3.50GHz 32GB Ram
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ASchlaack

Yes you can create punches where the dimensions of that punch can be modified during punch placement. 

For example you could have a rectangular punch where you could specifiy length/width before you "punch" with it. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 3 of 5
ASchlaack
in reply to: mcgyvr

How would I do that? In this case I need my text height to be adjustable.

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2018
Message 4 of 5
mcgyvr
in reply to: ASchlaack

When extracting (extract ifeature button) the feature for punch creation you simply pull the parameter you want to be able to adjust over to the right hand columns. 

So click on it in the left hand (Selected features) side to bring it over to the "size parameters" section. 

Haven't done one in a while but I seem to remember extruded/cut text does not work with punches.. I could be wrong though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 5 of 5
ASchlaack
in reply to: mcgyvr

Text does work with punches but I the font height does seem to be linked to the parameter table... How can I link it?

Thanks,
Aaron Schlaack
Autodesk Inventor 2018

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report