Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties fail on imorted model using standard material

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
gcross
293 Views, 4 Replies

Properties fail on imorted model using standard material

I cannot get any properties to show anything but  "N/A" except for density on a imported STEP CAD model. It was exported to STEP from SW (ver. ?) I think & I saved it as an Inventor .ipt (part is attached).

I assigned Polycarbonate, Clear material, a standard material in Inventor & Autodesk Material Libraries.

Can someone take a look to see what can be done to enable properties to show.

Gary

IV 2014 latest SP

Dell Precision Xeon W3690 3.47Ghz/12GB/4x WD Raptros (RAID 5)

Quadro 4000

Dual Dell 24" Monitors

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JDMather
in reply to: gcross

Try this one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 5
Cadmanto

Gary,

Take a look at the attached file.

I have been doing some experimenting and what I found was if I brought in Solidworks files into Inventor they all came in with the "N/A" in the properties.  But, when I took your file, called it up, then exported it out as a step file then reinserted it, it came in with all of the properties calculated and filled in.  Don't ask me to explain it, but it worked!!!  Smiley Happy

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 4 of 5
Cadmanto

By the way, I forgot to mention that in your file if you look at the report file in the browser, it tells you that the Solidworks version is 2013.

version.jpg

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 5 of 5
gcross
in reply to: JDMather

JD,

Did you export as STEP & re-import into inventor like Cadmanto?

Thanks,

Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report