Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects and Vault workspace on different drive

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JamesMason76
1228 Views, 5 Replies

Projects and Vault workspace on different drive

Excuse my ignorance...  We used to run 2 identical machines on the same project using vault.  we recently upgraded to Inventor 2012 and took the opportunity to put a solid state drive in one of the machines.  The plan was to install inventor 2012 on this drive and use it as our vault workspace.  So on one of the machines the vault workspace is C:Vault Workspace and on the other it is E:Vault Workspace

How do I configure the extra project to use this E: rather than C: but still check components into the correct place in the vault.  Ive done some reading on projects and virtual folders etc but dont really understand.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The workspace is designed to be on the local drive.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 3 of 6

does that mean I cant have my inventor files on a faster drive?  the ssd is only 60gb so I dont want to put the opperating system on it, if thats what you mean by local drive 

Message 4 of 6

You could install the SSD as a second drive on your system. That's still a local drive. Maybe Blair will come along and explain how he uses his SSD drives.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Subscribe to the free digital "The Creative Inventor Magazine" now available at: http://teknigroup....

XP64 SP2, GeForce 9800GT-1GB, Driver: 6.14.12.7061, 8GB Ram, AMD Athlon II 3.2 Ghz
Laptop: Win7-64 Pro, 4GB, ATI Graphics on board, 2012 Ultimate, IV2011 or 2010 Pro, all SP's
Message 5 of 6

the ssd is a second drive on my workstation, drive letter E.  all I want to do is check a file out from vault and have it land in my E:, check it back in and then other workstation check out the same file that will land on his c:

Message 6 of 6

I run this setup at home. When a project is mapped to the vault it not mapped to a drive letter. If you open Vault Explorer on your computer and highlight the root folder (Vault Explorer ($)) then go to File - 'Set Vault Working Folder' and browse to your 'E' drive and select OK. Now when you get files from vault etc they will be sent to the new location on the 'E' drive.

I use V:Vault working folder (which is an 80 GB SSD) and then have project sub folders within this root folder that match my vault structure.

Regards

Martin

Inventor 2023

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report