Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting surfaces to other surfaces

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Joe_Banger
357 Views, 2 Replies

Projecting surfaces to other surfaces

Hi My draftsman in his wisdom gave me a mid plane surface model for analysis. It was made in ACAD, and I imported it as a 3D sketch to patch into surfaces. However, the surfaces do not intersect (there are 1/2 " gaps through the surfaces), I need each surface to terminate onto its mating surface. I wish to quickly project them into their mating surface, not make millions of 2D sketches and patch then stitch them. Is this possible?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sam_m
in reply to: Joe_Banger

without an image or a file I'm not 100% sure what you're after.  But, if you just need the existing surfaces to "grow" a little to let them intersect then you could try the "extend" command (tucked away in the Surface drop-down) or the Patch command to fill any voids?

Sam M.
Inventor and Showcase monkey

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question...
If you have found any post to be helpful, even if it's not a direct solution, then please provide that author kudos - spread that love 😄

Message 3 of 3
Joe_Banger
in reply to: sam_m

YES, this is it! Thank you, yes my example was quite insufficient, English is my 2nd language and I struggle to make myself clear without tuition. The thing that 'got' me was the fact that extend was hidden and in a drop down command menu.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report