Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project file not saving

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tmccar
1181 Views, 2 Replies

Project file not saving

I have modified the Inventor project the way I want it, but it doesn't seem to save. If I log out and vack in, it loses the paths I set up under "Libraries" and the default project changes back to the "default.ipj". 

How can I get it to keep its settings and not lose them?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Daniela_Koloszko
in reply to: tmccar

The location of the default project file is in the user public folders and this is set in Application options, File tab. If you set the start-up option for the project in Application options, General tab, does this happen again?

The reason why the project reverts back to the default is that Inventor does not find the one you have set up. This could be due to user account problems or some changes made by different users if multiple users log-in this machine.
You can also test this with a new user account and see if the problem occurs only with this user account.

We have seen also this problem when customers have set their local user folders to be Available Offline.

The projects links are normally located in the user folders location, we have seen problems with Vault projects when the user folders are set as available offline. It seems that Inventor or Vault doesn’t find them anymore and this reverts the project to default.

Daniela Koloszko

Message 3 of 3
tmccar
in reply to: Daniela_Koloszko

Thanks Daniela - I think the folder permissions were too restrictive also

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report