Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Image icon

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BillPIII
5777 Views, 5 Replies

Project Image icon

Can't seem to get search to work. But is there a way to get an image icon in the project list? I have a lot of projects and descriptive names only go so far with me. A little image next to each one would help jog the memory. Rather than plod through a bunch looking for the right one.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tsreagan
in reply to: BillPIII

If they are completed projects that are not often revisited, could you move some of them to an archive folder,  and just move em back and add by browse if you need them again.

Not your desired solution, But this will give you a short list of currently active projects.

T.S.

Message 3 of 6
cwhetten

If you mean here:

Project Editor 1.png

Then I don't think so.  You would probably have to make your own document (in a word processor or something) for something like this.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 4 of 6
BillPIII

Yes, in that location. Problem is that some of these assemblies come back for repair years later and finding them can be tedious. Where as matching them up to a descriptive icon would be easy.
Message 5 of 6
cwhetten

There really isn't anything you can do to customize the project editor dialog box.  I don't think Inventor is going to offer you a solution to this particular problem.

I'm afraid you'll have to do something else, like write up a Word doc or excel sheet with your project names next to some nifty little pictures you screen-capped or rendered from Inventor.

Cameron Whetten
Inventor 2012

Message 6 of 6
BillPIII

Yes, that's a bit tedious when speed is important. I'll probably write it into an app. Surprised that icons and previews are all over the place in all software yet it's skipped on the project list.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report