Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Help- Programming in Inventor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
254 Views, 2 Replies

Project Help- Programming in Inventor?

I'm trying to work on a project where I will be making a model of a partical detector in inventor. The detector is basically a large, hollow cylindrical tank with semi-spheres(these are the sensors) lining the inside surface of the tank. Where it gets tricky is that I needto be able to plot points inside of the tank, and if the points are close enough to a sensor, the semi-sphere has to change color. Is there someway I can program Inventor so that it will do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is possible with iLogic.

1.   You can get and assign a point from each sensor to a variable.

2.   You can then compare your plotted points with the sensor point.

3.   A simple "if then" can control the color of the component, when the points are within the desired range.

Upload an assembly with the plotted points, or the objects that control those points, and some sensors.

Someone in the forum should be able to get you going, if I cannot get to it in a timely fashion.

T.S.

Message 3 of 3
mrattray
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the forum. Questions like this can often times get better answers faster if posted in the Inventor Customization forum.

Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report