Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Design Suite 2015

209 REPLIES 209
Message 1 of 210
jdits7
9953 Views, 209 Replies

Product Design Suite 2015

Here are some of the details about Product Design Suite 2015.

http://inventortopix.blogspot.com/2014/03/product-design-suite-2015.html

jdits7
Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional
Blog - http://www.inventortopix.com
Twitter - @InventorTopixJD
209 REPLIES 209
Message 161 of 210
jannaspicer
in reply to: dalibu

@dalibu wrote:

Nice to know Alias and Showcase can be downloaded with a PDSU; but I will sorely miss Sketchbook Designer. With its vector drawing tools it is vastly superior to Sketchbook Pro.

Hi dalibu, 

You are correct that Sketchbook Pro does not support vectors. But, if you had SketchBook Designer 2014, you can use that with Alias Design 2015 or AutoCAD 2015.  There's nothing preventing that workflow from functioning across those releases.

Thanks,

Janna

Message 162 of 210
scottmoyse
in reply to: mrattray

@mrattray wrote:
I don't have it yet, either.
@scottmoyse Do you use PDS or a stand alone Inventor? I suspect that us PDS users wont see Showcase up until after PDS is up.

It's probably because we have access to the standalone product license in that case.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 163 of 210
blair
in reply to: scottmoyse

Only thing in 2015 that has shown up on my subscription account is Simulation Mechanical 2015. I imagine the PDSU will show up in another week.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 164 of 210
jdm308
in reply to: jdits7

Relative to Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015

I have been battling issues from the first day of the release of this package. Right now, it is a mess. Here's the good and bad in brief:

Showcase and Alias Design areincluded in the Suite. However, they are not in the installation pack. They must be downloaded separately. I was told, "There was a change after the launch of Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate that resulted in adding back the two software into the suite. However, since the change was made after the launch, they were not included in the installation pack of the suite. Autodesk is currently working on putting up the Autodesk Showcase 2015 and Autodesk Alias Design 2015 onto the downloads page of customers with valid Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 license."

But Showcase will likely not recognise your serial number or the PDSU product key. It will recognise the 262G1 key, but will not recognise the PDSU serial number. Alsias design will recognise the PDSU product key (781G1), and serial number. And it installs and activates correctly. Oddly, Sketchbook Pro installs with Alias Design, but will not activate with the PDSU key or serial number.

Message 165 of 210
blair
in reply to: jdm308

I can understand the problem, you Key and Product Numbers are for PSU and not stand-alone software. Looks like PDSU2015 just was released: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Inventor-General/Product-Design-Suite-Ultimate-2015-Availability/m-p/4...

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 166 of 210
jannaspicer

@jdm308 wrote:

Autodesk is currently working on putting up the Autodesk Showcase 2015 and Autodesk Alias Design 2015 onto the downloads page of customers with valid Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2015 license."

But Showcase will likely not recognise your serial number or the PDSU product key. It will recognise the 262G1 key, but will not recognise the PDSU serial number. Alsias design will recognise the PDSU product key (781G1), and serial number. And it installs and activates correctly. Oddly, Sketchbook Pro installs with Alias Design, but will not activate with the PDSU key or serial number.

Hi jdm308,

You're right that Showcase and Alias are not part of the standard Product Design Suite installer, due to the late breaking changes discussed in this forum. Over the last couple of weeks, we have been working to create new versions of Showcase and Alias Design that will work with the existing PrDS 2015 product keys and serial numbers. The new version of Showcase will be available soon (possibly tomorrow), and Alias has already been posted.

Both products are/will be available for download from several sources:

Product Trial pages: Alias Trial  Showcase Trial

Subscription center: Autodesk Subscription Center

Autodesk Accounts: Autodesk Accounts

I also talked with the Alias team, and verified that Sketchbook is, indeed, included with the Alias Design installer.  Sketchbook is an optional install, but you're right, it is a little confusing.  

One other note - Autodesk has expanded access to these products to all Product Design Suite 2015 customers, regardless of whether you are on subscription or not. Showcase is available to Premium and Ultimate customers, and Alias Design is available to Ultimate customers. 

Thank you for providing the feedback.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Janna

Message 167 of 210
Daniel248
in reply to: jannaspicer

Hi Janna,

Thank you for clarifying that.

I am keeping this thread up by sharing my experience:

Installed PDSU 2015 yesterday, from my subscription account.

- Components missing (not available yet anywhere in my subscription account):

Showcase, Sketchbook Designer, Mudbox and Alias Design.

- Installation errors on some components (Back Burner):

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer Package....Contact your support personnel or package vendor."  I will.

I did not yet activate my PDSU 2015, until I had a chance to fully evaluate what's working and what's available for my subscription money.

If 30 days go by without being able to answer my evaluation questions I would have a problem. In this eventuality, I will request an extension to my trial period from my VAR and hope that they will be supportive.

Regards,

Daniel

Message 168 of 210
jannaspicer
in reply to: Daniel248

@Daniel248 wrote:

Hi Janna,

Thank you for clarifying that.

I am keeping this thread up by sharing my experience:

Installed PDSU 2015 yesterday, from my subscription account.

- Components missing (not available yet anywhere in my subscription account):

Showcase, Sketchbook Designer, Mudbox and Alias Design.

- Installation errors on some components (Back Burner):

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer Package....Contact your support personnel or package vendor."  I will.

I did not yet activate my PDSU 2015, until I had a chance to fully evaluate what's working and what's available for my subscription money.

If 30 days go by without being able to answer my evaluation questions I would have a problem. In this eventuality, I will request an extension to my trial period from my VAR and hope that they will be supportive.

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Sketchbook Design and Mudbox are no longer included with Product Design Suite, starting with the 2015 release. Showcase and Alias Design are now both available (I posted the locations in an earlier message), and you can activate those with your Product Design Suite 2015 product key and serial number. 

I haven't seen that error message before, and I'll ask our development team to take a look.

What other questions do you have about the 2015 release?

Thanks,

Janna

Message 169 of 210
M.Peppel
in reply to: jannaspicer

Hello Janna,

can you tell us about the availability of the localized versions of Alias and Showcase? When will they be available?

Regards

Matthias

Nihil Ex Nihilo
Message 170 of 210
DarrenP
in reply to: M.Peppel

it shows under mine try looking under yours

subsite.png

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 171 of 210
blair
in reply to: DarrenP

Nothing as of 30 seconds ago. I chalk it up to all the comments I've made about ADSK programmers. 🙂

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 172 of 210
LT.Rusty
in reply to: blair

@Blair wrote:
Nothing as of 30 seconds ago. I chalk it up to all the comments I've made about ADSK programmers. 🙂

It's there for me now, and chances are I said far more / worse than you about the transition between WikiHelp and AKN, and the availability of 2012/2013 help files!  😄

Rusty

EESignature

Message 173 of 210
jdm308
in reply to: DarrenP

Yes, I have them all now. This just happened today sometime. As earlier this morning I could not even open the page.
But notice the "Autodesk Showcase English 2015 Win 64" is just a 10mb R1 package. I have downloaded and installed it. But since it is already installed, the new install cannot complete. So I am uninstalling a component of Showcase, rebooting and trying again. We'll see how it goes.
Message 174 of 210
Daniel248

Showcase 2015 & Alias 2015 appeared in my account today (UK).

Thank you all and Autodesk!

Message 175 of 210
mrattray
in reply to: blair

Installing both now.
Mike (not Matt) Rattray

Message 176 of 210
kwilson_design
in reply to: mrattray

Nothing has shown up in ours yet....

Regards,
Kenny
If this post solved your issue please mark "Accept as Solution". It helps everyone...really!
Message 177 of 210
Ray_Feiler
in reply to: kwilson_design

Not in ours yet.

Capture.PNG

Product Design & Manufacturing Collection 2024
Sometimes you just need a good old reboot.
Message 178 of 210
WHolzwarth
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

Well, now I'm able to download, too.

But I'm hanging with setting up the USB delivery. No way for getting further than placing the delivery address.

Smiley TongueNo further comments

Walter

Walter Holzwarth

EESignature

Message 179 of 210
JamesLovell
in reply to: Ray_Feiler

they are listed within PDSU 2015

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection
Message 180 of 210
JamesLovell
in reply to: WHolzwarth

are you clicking on the correct 'continue' button? i had this issue 🙂

Regards,

James Lovell
Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz,QUADRO RTX 4000, 1TB CORSAIR MP600 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe
Product Design & Manufacturing Collection

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report