Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Configurator and Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
312 Views, 2 Replies

Product Configurator and Inventor

Anyone have experience using a product configurator tied into Inventor to
generate custom drawings?
If so what configurator are you using and how are the results?

Thanks, Dustin
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Dustin,

We are also looking for the means to use Inventor for product configuration and have so far drawn a blank. Whilst we have a very effective modular modelling tool, we have not found an easy method of generating the drawings to support them. We have experimented with huge models each variant supported by its own detailed drawings. The overhead of such an assembly is unacceptable. We are also looking at the use of templates without success. Right now we believe we will need to resort to programming automation.

I would be interested in your own experiences and progress. Whilst I dont use CAD myself, I am responsible for a team that does.

All the best
Peter
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

you should drop a mail to Jens Petersen at Betech Data in Copenhagen. They have a product configurator that works very well indeed jens(dot)pedersen(at)betechdata(dot)dk regards IV 9 / AIP 9 Finnur P. Frodason HP X4000 - dual Xeon 2.4 XP Pro SP 2 - 2GB mem Nvidia Quadro 4 980 "psleesmith" wrote in message news:23426004.1100431150275.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Dustin, > > We are also looking for the means to use Inventor for product > configuration and have so far drawn a blank. Whilst we have a very > effective modular modelling tool, we have not found an easy method of > generating the drawings to support them. We have experimented with huge > models each variant supported by its own detailed drawings. The overhead > of such an assembly is unacceptable. We are also looking at the use of > templates without success. Right now we believe we will need to resort to > programming automation. > > I would be interested in your own experiences and progress. Whilst I dont > use CAD myself, I am responsible for a team that does. > > All the best > Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report