Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with "Inventor Studio" option - "Surface Styles" not showing

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
murilofabrino
2105 Views, 11 Replies

Problems with "Inventor Studio" option - "Surface Styles" not showing

Hi there,

I'm new with the Inventor, and as I'm learnig with the video classes I found that my "Inventor Studio" option doesn't have the "Surface Style" bar.

So as when i do the "Render", the "Render Type" doens't show the realistic type, only the "shaded" and "ilustration".

Can someone help??

I'm using the Inventor Professional 2013.

Tks

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
JDMather
in reply to: murilofabrino

Post still screen shot from the video of what you are expecting to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 12
murilofabrino
in reply to: JDMather

Sorry, I didn't get what you said.

Message 4 of 12
JDMather

@murilofabrino wrote:
"Surface Style" bar.

So as when i do the "Render", the "Render Type" doens't show the realistic type, only the "shaded" and "ilustration".

I don't recall ever seeing a "Surface Style" bar in Inventor.  Could this be an English translation problem.  (there is a Visual Style with Realistic)

I have never seen the option Realistic in Inventor Studio, only the same as your screen capture. 

Visual Style.png  I am curious about what you saw in that video you mention.  Where they in the modeling enviroment or in the Inventor Studio Environment?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 5 of 12
blair

You only get the "Style" types as JD posted in the main working/model environment of Inventor. The picture that you posted is from the actual Studio Rendering environment. From this you only get the Shaded and Illustration option. You can't get a render of a Wire-Frame or Hidden Line view as in the modeling/working environment. The only way you can get a transparent render would be to change the material's appearances to transparent materials.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 6 of 12
cbaty017

We are experiencing the same thing here. While watching a training video from 3DMadeEasy you can clearly see on the attachment there is a fifth option "Surface Styles" under the Scene tab in Inventor Studio but it doesn't appear on our installation. Anybody who knows how to make this option available, help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Message 7 of 12
murilofabrino
in reply to: cbaty017

There were no problems with the translation, I use the program with the english version.

Here´s a link from a video with the "Surface style" and the "realistic" type to render.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SY0ah_eXz8

Check it out.

I thought it was a instalation problem that i did...

Message 8 of 12
JDMather

Ah, that is what I neede - a screen capture to show exactly then information needed.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Back in a bit with solution.

Message 9 of 12
JDMather

The video appears to have been made in an earlier version of Inventor.

The Materials/Colors functionality changed at some version.

I don't recall what release or how this effects what you need to do.

Perhaps someone from Autodesk will comment.

Inventor version.PNG

It looks like that was posted Aug 2009 which would make it Inventor 2010 release.

Message 10 of 12
blair

Release IV2013 was the introduction of the new Materials and Styles. Prior to this you could by accident change the physical properties of a item by thinking that you had only changed the appearance.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 11 of 12
murilofabrino
in reply to: blair

Ok, but what about the "Realistic" option on the render?

How can I render the image in the realistic form???

Message 12 of 12
blair

You have two different environments the modeling environment, where you assembly the model and the Studio environment, where you render to get near photorealistic outputs that can be saved. In the Modeling environment, you can select "Realistic" which will then allow you to activate the "Ray-Tracing" option. This will allow for higher quality (real-time) rendering within the Modeling environment. In the Studio environment there is no real-time rendering or "Realistic" setting. When you have set up your render in Studio and then select the "Render" function, you can then set the size in the image and the quality under the "Out-Put" tab.

Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report