Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with inventor 2012 / iLogic

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jvolence
833 Views, 4 Replies

Problems with inventor 2012 / iLogic

We recently installed inventor 2012. When i try to edit models created in 2011 (or earlier) i am having trouble with iLogic. All of models contain on average 12-15 rules each. I'm finding that on any parameter change rules are firing randomly causing inventor to lock up in a seemingly neverending update. The rules that are firing are not rules typically triggered by the parameter i am changing. Also, if i double click on a part and make a parameter change to it from inside the assembly, when i right click "finish edit" it is triggering rules in the assembly to run (THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE).I tried testing a few of our models, the same behavior exists on all of them. Everything was working smoothly on Inventor 2011 & earlier. Our designs rely heavily on the use of ilogic, so we definately can't proceed as is. Here is what I've tried so far;

1 Completely uninstalled, reinstalled inventor (tried 2x)

2. turned off all ilogic event driven triggers (same behavior exists)

3. Disabled Ilogic in application options (Inventor seemed to to work fine by itself, but our designs rely on the use of ilogic)

4 allowed models to migrate to 2012 version before making any changes that could trigger ilogic (didn't help)

5. ran diagnostics in application options (everything seemed ok)

6. cleared my work space & temp folder on my computer (didn't help)

Does anyone have any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Qube-it
in reply to: jvolence

I wanted to add to this thread.  I have been able to consistently crash Inventor 2012 when I try to launch the iLogic "Design Copy Wizard" command from the zero doc ribbon.

-Brian Hall-
Message 3 of 5
jvolence
in reply to: Qube-it

There is a hot fix for the problem you are describing.  Click on link below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16594028&linkID=9242019

Message 4 of 5
Qube-it

Thank you.  Smiley Happy

-Brian Hall-
Message 5 of 5
JorisSteurs1246

This solved my problem also. But now it shows up again. I assume it is because of a reinstall or repair that I did.

So i´m trying to reinstall this hotfix again and i get the error as attached.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report