Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Loading Assemblies

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
atf0005
523 Views, 7 Replies

Problems with Loading Assemblies

Yesterday i installed update 1 for Inventor 2014. Today i started expirencing issues. I am using Vault. I try to open a fairly large assembly (1800 parts). It loads all the parts into the tab on the left side of the screen and i can open individual parts from that tab. However the assembly visually in non existent. It is also non-existent in drawings that are referenced. This of course is a big problem. Any help would be appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Cadmanto
in reply to: atf0005

Is the visibility turned on for these components?  Or are they possible suppressed?

Can you provide an image?

FYI, the panel on the side is called the browser.  Smiley Wink

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Inventor.PNG     vault.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden
(Colossians 3:23-25)

Message 3 of 8
atf0005
in reply to: Cadmanto

No they are not suppressed or not visible. I had the file open, saved the file, closed inventor, updated to version 2. Re-opened the file with no issues. Closed everything down before i went to lunch, when i came back i discovered the problem. It opens some assembly fine but others it will now open correctly. It seems like the issue is all on the visual side of the model.

Thanks for educating me on the browser lol

Message 4 of 8
Cadmanto

Try restarting your machine.

check.PNGIf this solved your issue please mark this posting "Accept as Solution".

Or if you like something that was said and it was helpful, Kudoskudos.PNG are appreciated. Thanks!!!! Smiley Very Happy

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 5 of 8
atf0005
in reply to: Cadmanto

That was the first step i took. I have attached a photo in my previous post.

When i open a .dwg file that references the assembly i receive this error.

Message 6 of 8
Cadmanto

That is really strange!!!!

There are no errors, your parts are just not visible.  What happens if you select the parts in the browser?

Do you see a red image of the component?  Is it possible that your graphics card needs updating with the latest driver?

New EE Logo.PNG

Best Regards,
Scott McFadden

Message 7 of 8
atf0005

it is very strange. It allows me to select and open parts and subassemblies from the large assembly without issue. It does not higlight anything in red. Am going to look into the video card possibility.

Message 8 of 8
atf0005

This is a problem with the new update i believe. I went to another computer with inventor and opened the previous version from the vault. It opened correctly. I then got the previous version as well then opened the file and it opened incorrectly on my computer. The only difference is the update. Mine has the update his does not. It there a way to revert back to update 1 of inventor or back to the initial product.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report