Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Inventor 2013 Content Center (Material set as "Default")

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
michaelmcgovern
2501 Views, 5 Replies

Problems with Inventor 2013 Content Center (Material set as "Default")

So we switched to Inventor 2013 last month and everything is OK (crashes a lot) except for our Content Center.  If we place a Content Center component that has been placed before, it places it with a "default" material.  If it is a Content Center component that has never been placed before, it has material set as "hardware" as it should. I followed the directions when I imported my 2012 custom library into 2013, but it appears I went wrong somewhere.  This whole appearances thing is really getting on my nerves...

Another related problem: when generating parts lists in an IDW, the Content Center parts that are "default" material end up having a 100-ish charicter long gibberish in the material field.

If I attempt to Refresh out-of-date standard parts, the pop-up window shows "failed" on all parts.  Looking in the log file, it shows "unable to set material" as the reason.  (see picture)

Any help here would be great.  I NEED all content center files to have material set as "Hardware".

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Michael,

I recall this issue from a different customer some time ago; CC data that has already been placed will just reuse the file on disk so you will need to refresh your CC data after you've migrated your CC libs. The issue you show in the log file was fixed in one of the 2013 updates.

Refreshing the standard content is what you need to do after installing the update.

Have you installed update2 or SP1 that was just released today ?

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
PDMS Customer Engagment Team
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6

Yes we did install SP1 on Friday and it still seems to be having the same problem.
The log file I show is from a CC Update, same thing happens before and after the update.

It appears that anything that exist in our Work/Content Center folder is not updated from Vault.  We even tried deleting this folder and the problems still exist.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Michael,

Can you please send me your custom content center library (.idcl file), as well as the adsklib file that it references for the material, & an example of the cc part with the incorrect material.

You can email me directly at chrisDOTmitchellATautodeskDOTcom

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6

I reinstalled all my CC libraries and re-updated my custom library from a backup copy I had.  I am now able to place custom CC parts again, however the "Update Content Center Parts" button works now but replaces out-of-date parts with standard CC parts (not my custom parts).

This is okay by me as I am able to manually change all my CC parts, it's just the update button that doesn't work now.

Thanks,

Michael

Message 6 of 6

Hi Michael,

The issues may have been caused by migrating your custom CC lib when the corresponding material/appearance library was not accessible - see this blog posting for further info which might explain what you saw:

http://beinginventive.typepad.com/being-inventive/2012/05/migrating-content-center-libraries-with-cu...

Thanks,
Chris

Chris Mitchell
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report