Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems encounted while saving the document?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
jeanchile
842 Views, 5 Replies

Problems encounted while saving the document?

Hello all,

After making some modifications to a pressure vessel I did a few weeks ago I got this error message (see attached pic). Does anyone know what this is and/or how I might try to rectify this situation? To be honest I have had some issues with this model ever since converting it to a weldment. I can't Pack N Go this model to attach here because I can't save it now (unless someone else has a way around this).

Thanks for the help.

Inventor Professional
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: jeanchile

I just closed the document, clicked "yes" to save the changes, the above error message came up again, I clicked OK. It closed the file. I then opened the file again, it told me there were changes to the file and asked if I wanted to update the model, I said yes and got this error message about memory availability (see attached). I am so confused.

Inventor Professional
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Try opening your part files and do Rebuild All on them.

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 6
luciacasu

Did you have enough resources (RAM) available at the time of save/load?

Thanks,

Lucia Casu

Inventor Development

Lucia Casu

Fusion360 Development

Message 5 of 6
jeanchile
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks John. Although the rebuild all on each part did not fix the issue it highlighted where the issue was. I still have no idea what was causing my fully-constrained sketch to behave in that manner but I just remodeled that part and replaced it in the assembly. Then everything worked.

And thank you Lucia for your attention to the matter but I would assume with 16 gigs of RAM that I would have enough to do whatever I needed.

Inventor Professional
Message 6 of 6
Ian.underhay
in reply to: Anonymous

This does not work

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report