Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems converting to dwg for autocad 2007

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
peng017
1141 Views, 4 Replies

Problems converting to dwg for autocad 2007

Hello all,

I am using autodesk 2013 on a 64 bit windows 7 OS and i have a .idw of an assembly that i would like to send to a coworker who prefers using autocad 2007. I have tried exporting the .idw as a dwg (in the options i ensured that the inventor DWG file version is autocad 2007)... but when he opens the file, nothing shows up.

The preview screen (before the file is opened) has everything in the drawing that I put in, but it isn't there in the paperspace or modelspace when it's opened (no amount of selecting or zooming has remedied this). inside the file, there are a whole bunch of layers but i cant see any.

sidenote: the file opens in autocad 2012... but i need it in 2007.

Now I am not familiar with cad so i cant really figure out how to troubleshoot on that end. How can I get it so my coworker can see the drawings in autocad?

Any and all help is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
thaddeus
in reply to: peng017

try using save copy as, then choose autocad dwg file

Message 3 of 5
peng017
in reply to: thaddeus

Hmm. When I do that I at least see more save as options than before...

Should I choose inventor drawing files (.dwg) or autocad drawing files (.dwg)?

I have been using inventor drawing files i believe because of the option to change the version to autocad 2007. This hasn't worked so far (as far as i can tell anyway).  Do you think the autocad drawing files option would work? I didn't immediately see an option to specify what version of autocad it is compatible with.

Message 4 of 5
thaddeus
in reply to: peng017

I would use autocad file

Message 5 of 5
peng017
in reply to: thaddeus

Yes using the autocad file worked!

After I hit save it brought me to a wizard to format the file for conversion to dwg in which I could choose what version of autocad to use.

Thank you for the help! kudos!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report