Inventor General Discussion

tstabile
Message 1 of 3 (247 Views)

Problems/Questions on Animation with Positional Representation

247 Views, 2 Replies
04-30-2013 12:23 PM

I am having problems with creating positional representations. I create simple representations that go from closed to open and when I finish creating the animation I have a position representation called WorkPR1 that overwrites any positional representations I have created. What do I need to do to get my representations to be used or how do I modify the WorkPR1 representation to show what I want?

I'm using 2014

Product Support
innovatenate
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Problems/Questions on Animation with Positional Representation

05-02-2013 05:10 PM in reply to: tstabile

Inventor Studio will create the WorkPR1, WorkPR2,.... WorkPRn...  Pos Reps automatically. They should only be visible within the Inventor Studio Environment. You'll notice that the "WorkPR1" Pos Reps will disappear if you delete the first segment from your animation timeline. The WorkPr positional reps should disappear from the Positional Representation node in the browser when exiting the Studio Environment. 

I was comparing behavior between 2013 and 2014 and it looks like I'm having some difficulties working with Pos Reps in Inventor Studio as well. I will reach out to the development team regarding this issue. Thanks for posting this.

Best Regards,

Nathan Chandler

tehumbert
Message 3 of 3 (183 Views)

Re: Problems/Questions on Animation with Positional Representation

06-21-2013 09:48 AM in reply to: tstabile

I'm having this same problem. I'm trying to transistion between a closed and open position using suppressed and enabled constraints, but I can't figure out how to adjust them. The constraints show up on the timeline, but no change is visible when animated.

Thanks,

tehumbert

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube