Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with "Mate" Constrain

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sinus19
264 Views, 2 Replies

Problem with "Mate" Constrain

Hello,

I am having issues with using the Mate constrain.

I am building/assembling an Air-Ride suspension for a semi trailer and i need too place the axle on to the main arms of the suspension (the arms "garbing on to the axle") both surfaces are Arcs/rounds so when i select the fisrt object i select the center of the arm and the second object is the center of the axle (or vice versa) and it works but when i do it to the other other arm (right side in the Pic.) it does not want to comply due to other constrains that dont have anything to do with the constrain i am trying to work on. Also the arms are free to pivot up and down with no restrains.

I have uploaded a pictucre and here you can see that i have successfully atched one arm (left) on to the axle but can not attatch the second arm (right). For some reason the Mate command using both centers (axle and arm) doesnt want to comply the error says that they are inconsistent with eachother. Any idea why i cant get it to work?

Axle Frame Assembly TSHOOT.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: sinus19

Check the center distance from where the pivot arm is attached to the frame on both sides.

Is it exactly the same?

Message 3 of 3
sinus19
in reply to: Anonymous

OMG ha.. that was it all along! thanks John :)...

some of the lines in the sketch on the plates that are attched to the main frame were not "Staight" throwing off the whole thing and making one arm not reach all the way out by just .023"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report