Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with installing Autodesk Inventor Pro 8

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
tewas
165 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with installing Autodesk Inventor Pro 8

i'm trying to install Autodesk on my computer, but if shows this kind of message:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode,
or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
Contact you support personnel for assistance

and later

The requested installer is located on Autodesk Inventory Professional Dick 3.
Please insert or browse and locate Disk 3 and retry

i put disk 3 but it gives me another two funny messages:

The requested installer is located on Autodesk Inventor Professional Disk 1.
Please Browse and locate Disk 1.

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.
This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode,
or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
Contact you support personnel for assistance

i'm using windows xp home with SP2.

does anyone knows how to take care of this problem.

thanks for any advices
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: tewas

tewas, I believe that the problem you're seeing is a result of the SP2 for WinXP Home Edition. SP2 is not supported with Inventor8 or Inventor8_Pro (Inventor8 shipped well before XP_SP2 was released) Basically we cannot install Inventor on machines that have WindowsXP_SP2 because of a Windows installer issue. Autodesk has an outstanding issue logged with Microsoft to resolve this. You may want to try un-installing XP_SP2, however this may be tricky if it wasn't configured in a certian way (un-install checkpoints). Please keep us updated. Best regards, -- Hugh Henderson (Inventor Workflow QA) "tewas" wrote in message news:14435581.1097178746994.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > i'm trying to install Autodesk on my computer, but if shows this kind of message: > > The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. > This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, > or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. > Contact you support personnel for assistance > > and later > > The requested installer is located on Autodesk Inventory Professional Dick 3. > Please insert or browse and locate Disk 3 and retry > > i put disk 3 but it gives me another two funny messages: > > The requested installer is located on Autodesk Inventor Professional Disk 1. > Please Browse and locate Disk 1. > > > The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. > This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, > or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. > Contact you support personnel for assistance > > i'm using windows xp home with SP2. > > does anyone knows how to take care of this problem. > > thanks for any advices

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report