Inventor General Discussion

Valued Mentor
Mason-Paul
Message 1 of 2 (198 Views)

Problem with accessing sheet in multiple sheet drawing

198 Views, 1 Replies
04-16-2012 01:36 PM

I have a dwg file with three sheets in, just default names, I can access sheets 2 and 3 but get the attached errors when trying to access sheet 1 form either sheet 2 or 3

This file was originally created in IV2009 I've had no problems then or with the various conversions of it.

It seems to be memory related so here's the sitrep as for memory 8GB DDR2 RAM, and Virtual Memory set at min of 8192MB and a Max of 16384MB, I did have it set a systems managed but that gave a warring of low vertual memory with almost every drwaing file that I opened.

I'm NOT seeing this message with any other files creted at the same time/version onf IV as this one.

================
Inventor 2014 Pro

HP xw8400 workstation
2 x Xeon duel-core 3Ghz CPU , 32 GB Ram
64bit Windows 7 Pro

AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group
Valued Mentor
Mason-Paul
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)

Re: Problem with accessing sheet in multiple sheet drawing

04-17-2012 05:08 AM in reply to: Mason-Paul

Well it looks as if it fixed it self . The file in question opened OK, today, I was able to access the sheet 1 that was causing the problem yesterday.

No changes or anything made to the file or my systems set up.

So this question is dead. But I'd still welcome some thoughts on possible causes.

That's SODs LAW for you.

================
Inventor 2014 Pro

HP xw8400 workstation
2 x Xeon duel-core 3Ghz CPU , 32 GB Ram
64bit Windows 7 Pro

AMD FirePro V3900 (ATI FireGL) (1GB RAM)
=================
Ashington Northumberland (UK) ~ Home to the WORLD FAMOUS Pitman Painters Group

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Inventor Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Autodesk Inventor helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Inventor

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Pinterest

Youtube