Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem facing with stress analysis in 2013 version

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
marcusb
1044 Views, 13 Replies

Problem facing with stress analysis in 2013 version

I tried to save my work after getting the mesh generated successfully. But every time I tried to save it my inventor closes without giving me any option. I tried with different mesh size but the problem remains the same. How can I solve this problem. If anybody has any idea please do share. 

I appreciate your help.Thanks in advance.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
JDMather
in reply to: marcusb

Can you reproduce this problem with a simple cube or cylinder?

Have you installed SP1.1?

Can you attach the file here (the one saved before creating mesh)?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 3 of 14
marcusb
in reply to: JDMather

I believe  SP1 has been installed automatically with the inventor installation. But if not how can I check whether it is installed in my local machine?

Attached is a picture of the model I am working on. What is the maximum mesh size I can easily simulate? Because I tried with higher mesh number and it crashes.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 14
marcusb

I forgot to mention that I installed the update version 2 after installing autodesk 2013 as version 2 was released and I did not update version 1.Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks

Message 5 of 14
Ryan.Martinez

Click the question mark in the upper right hand corner of the screen then select about inventor to find out what service packs you have installed.

P.D.S. 2015
P.D.S. 2016
Message 6 of 14
henderh

Hi Marcusb,

If possible, could you email the assembly that closes Inventor upon saving after the mesh is generated?

hughDOThendersonATautodeskDOTcom

If I can reproduce it, I will ask Development to investigate what is the cause, and how to prevent this from occuring.

Our apologies for the inconvenience this is causing.

Best regards, -Hugh

Hugh Henderson
QA Engineer (Fusion Simulation)
Message 7 of 14
marcusb
in reply to: Ryan.Martinez

I am on that mentioned place. But I could not find the SP1 or related. I got 

Usage type:

License expiration:

Serial Number:

Lincense Behavior:

And I have product Information such as

License name:

Serial number:

License type:

License behavior:

License ID:

Coputer host name:

Product key:

License usage type:

License expiration date:

License model:

But where can I find whether SP1 is installed or not?

Thanks in advance.

Message 8 of 14
marcusb
in reply to: henderh

I got an assembly file which is big one. I am wondering if I email you the assembly file will you be able to open it as it has lot of part file from the local machine. Looking forward to your reply.

Last day I run the simulation and leave it running over night.This morning when I steeped in I saw "not responding" on the software and I could not do anything. So I had to restart my machine. Now I have to tyr it again from the begining. Do you have any idea that the problem starts for the mesh size or computer configuration. I got 12 GB ram and 4 multicore processor but when I start my simulation I can not do any other work.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks in advance.

Message 9 of 14
JDMather

When you go to Help>About you should see this.

From your picture it looks like you still have fasteners in your assembly.  Have you excluded them from the analysis?

You never answered my question about reproducing this issue on a single cube or cylinder.

What is it you need to know about your assembly?  Perhaps the problem can be dramatically simplified to obtain the information you need.

But first thing is to verify that you can analyze a single siimple part, then a simple assembly.  Once it is confirmed that FEA works correclty on your machine then strategies to simplify analysis as appropriate can be examined.

SP1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 14
marcusb
in reply to: JDMather

First picture is about the product info I found from Inventor. I could not find the SP1 as I said earlier.What should I do now?

I just tried to do some test simulation with a simple bolt. I was able to generate the mesh and run the simulation and also save it in the local machine. 

Second and third picture I attached for your concern. I did not get the question you asked me about the fastner. Because I did the simulation before with all this nut and bolt and results were ok. 

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks in advance.

Message 11 of 14
TravisNave

You will want to install the SP1.1 manually then.  Yours is RTM release. 

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20442029&linkID=9242019

Also, are you using a certified video card / driver?  What is your video card and driver version?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 14
marcusb
in reply to: TravisNave

Dear Concern Thanks for your concern. I am going to install the SP1.1 manually. How can I check the driver for my computer? I attached a picture if it helps. After installing this will I be able to save the generated mesh and run the simulation? Looking forward to your reply. Best Regards, Sanjit K. Basak Engineer AM Manufacturing Co. 14151 Irving Avenue Dolton, IL 60419 Tel: 708.841.0959 X-142 Fax: 708.841.2218 Website:www.ammfg.com P Please consider the environment before printing this email This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information, including sensitive information protected by state and federal laws. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are prohibited from reviewing, copying, or distributing this message, its attachments, or any information contained in this message. If you received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message and delete this message from your system.
Message 13 of 14
marcusb

Everytime I start Inventor 2013 version it shows me it tries to install the windows intaller inventor 2010. But I delete all other previous versions except 2012. Do anyone have any idea why I am facing this?

After installing SP1 manuallly it does not solve the problem I had. I click save after generating the mesh and it crashes. Looking for help.

Thanks in advance.

Message 14 of 14
marcusb

I still can not save my work after creating the mesh for stress analysis in Inventor 2013 professional.

Any thoughts how can I solve this problem?

Thanks

Sanjit 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report