Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem creating a loft

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
DanielBakker
1238 Views, 11 Replies

Problem creating a loft

I am making a design for a centrifugal water pump, the rotor was no problem, but I'm having some trouble designing the top case. I thought it would be easiest to create the channel for the water outlet using a loft feature. I attached the ipt. there are two sketches, and I need a loft from the small to the large one, all the way around the circle. when you see it you'll probably understand what the result should be, but, no matter what I try, either I get an oddly shaped loft, or an error. I am not experienced with inventor, so the problem will probably be me, but how should I make this loft? thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi Daniel

seems to work for me in inv 2013, use the centre or area command in loft.

regards adrian

Message 3 of 12

That seems to be a lot better than what I have gotten so far. I'm using inventor 2012. could you upload your lofted file? Thanks! 

Message 4 of 12

sure try this, although it is done in inv 2013

A

Message 5 of 12

I took a closer look to your file, and unfortunately it seems you've got the same problem as I do: at first sight the loft looks fine, but when you look closely, you see that it isn't attached to the middle part, there is a weird twist in it from front to end. when you look in the transition tab in the loft properties you see that inventor doesn't pick the correct points to match from both sketches. when I change the points manually I get an error... any idea on how to solve this? Thanks!

Message 6 of 12

sorry i didn't look to close, hows this?

A

Message 7 of 12
DanielBakker
in reply to: DanielBakker

That's it! perfect. I'll see if I can get an upgrade to 2013, thanks again!

Message 8 of 12

did you notice i edited your two sketches?

A

Message 9 of 12
DanielBakker
in reply to: DanielBakker

no, haven't seen that yet.  I don't have inventor 2013 (yet), so I can only open it with viewer. but thanks for the note, I'll see what you changed so I know what to do next time!

Message 10 of 12

how about this in V12

Message 11 of 12

of course, works like a charm 😉

I saw you turned the option 'new solid' on, but what was it that you changed in the sketch?

Message 12 of 12

Im not sure if it was causing the issue but I stripped back the sketches so they were simpler:

- I deleted your circle sketch Guide rail as this may not of projected properly and was not constrained, I used the edge of the bell for the rail

- on both your 2d sketches for the loft I saw there was some reference lines projected through so i deleted them as well as not required and i think they were being used in the loft.

A

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report