Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Linked Parameters Not Updating - Inventor 2011

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
domel123
2481 Views, 12 Replies

Problem: Linked Parameters Not Updating - Inventor 2011

Hello,
I can't link parameters properly with xlsx/xls files. At the beginning it works well, but if I change files the parameters can't get updated- all fields get yellow instead. It helps only when I relink the file.
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
scottmoyse
in reply to: domel123

Which OS? Which version of office? Can you post the dataset. no one can help you properly without this info. There have been issues with inv 2011, windows 7 and office 2007, there is heaps of info on this forum if you search for it.

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 3 of 13
domel123

Win 7, Office 2007:
When it happens:
I open a new part, open parameters, link simle excel file- now it works, but...
I open excel to edit file. I save and close file afterwards. I press Update in parameters and linked parameters get highlighted.
Temporary Solution: I can relink the file or rightclick the file path -> edit first cell -> and OK without changing.

But it would be difficult every single time.
Message 4 of 13
bobvdd

This is a known problem.
We are working on a hotfix for this.

Best worarounds are to
a) relink to teh same spreadsheet
b) edit teh start cell and pick the exact same cell.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Bob
Autodesk Inventor Product Support

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 5 of 13
aj.schulte

We've just upgraded to Inventor 2011. I've been having the same trouble with Linked Parameters. I don't think its the operating system. We've been using XP-Professional 64Bit with the 2010 version. Relinking the file works but it becomes quite tedious to do when you're dealing with a large assembly. Has anyone tried contacting Autodesk to see if they're making a patch to fix the error?
Message 6 of 13
mcgyvr

> {quote:title=aj.schulte wrote:}{quote}We've just upgraded to Inventor 2011. I've been having the same trouble with Linked Parameters. I don't think its the operating system. We've been using XP-Professional 64Bit with the 2010 version. Relinking the file works but it becomes quite tedious to do when you're dealing with a large assembly. Has anyone tried contacting Autodesk to see if they're making a patch to fix the error? http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9242019
A hotfix has been released already.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Inventor 2023 - Dell Precision 5570

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept Solution button below.
Maybe buy me a beer through Venmo @mcgyvr1269
Message 7 of 13
aj.schulte

I've tried installing the hotfix from the link you sent but I am still having the same error with Linked Parameters. Are there any other solutions available?
Message 8 of 13
bobvdd

Using the "Edit start cell" context menu on the linked spreadsheet and leaving the start cell as is might be a faster workaround than relinking the spreadsheet.

Can you send a small dataset to bob.van.der.donck@autodesk.com that exposes the problem after installing hotfix http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=DL14965008 ?
I want to look at your case.

Thanks
Bob

Bob Van der Donck

Principal UX designer DMG group
Message 9 of 13
aj.schulte

That link for a hotfix corrected the issue. Thank you.
Message 10 of 13
RRAKON
in reply to: mcgyvr

Is there a Hotfix for 2013 Pro?

Message 11 of 13
anthonyjamesmurphy
in reply to: RRAKON

I just came accross this problem myself and could not get the parameters to update. I just saved the exel spreadsheet as an older version, relinked and it worked a treat!

Message 12 of 13
michaeljwoodburn

When I had this issue, the problem was that some of the parameters in my excel file had the same names as some of my model parameters.  When I renamed the parameters in my excel file, it fixed the issue.

Message 13 of 13
kamalesh.vasudeva
in reply to: bobvdd

I'm new to Inventor. I've got Professional Ver. 2015. The update issue is still present. Does this 2011 fix work with 2015 version of Inventor? I have not run the msp yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report