Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Autodesk Inventor 2011

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
380 Views, 6 Replies

Problem Installing Autodesk Inventor 2011

Hi, 

My school uses an older version of audodesk inventor professional, the 2011 version. Ive tried for a few days now to download it onto my windows 8 computer but every time it gets close to finishing the install, it says that that the 'next volume is required', this is shown in the image below. If anyone could help it would be great. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
blair
in reply to: Anonymous

There are two files required to be downloaded to install Inventor. It appears that you have only downloaded the first file.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 3 of 7
blair
in reply to: blair

You will also need to download all the Service Packs and Updates for this product to run on Win8. Make sure that you are logged in with Admin Privileges and the UAC slider is set to the lowest setting.

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

where abouts would i be able to download the 'second' file. i only have the option of 1 browser download?. 

thanks for your help 

Message 5 of 7
JDMather

What browser are you using for the Browser Download method?

When I go to the student community and use IE to dowload 2011 64-bit, three downloads are started (becareful, I don't know anything about Win 8, but in Win 7 I only see one at a time - I have to finish each one and pay attention to the download at bottom of screen.  I always choose exactly where I want the downloads placed.

Part 1 2.6 Gig

Part 2 2.6 Gig

Part 3 2.3 Gig

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

Windows 8 only seems to download 1 file with size 3.94GB. could you possibly send me the direct download links?. 

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

however i have just realised when it starts downloading its only 2.6GB, just as you said

i have tried both downloading with google chrome and internet explorer, both have the same problem. i also cannot choose another download method 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report