Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Fully Constraining Parts in Assembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mwighton
459 Views, 1 Reply

Problem Fully Constraining Parts in Assembly

I am fairly new to inventor, but learn quickly by online tutorials and playing around myself. I am trying to make a robot chassis in inventor using vex parts. I have a full library of vex parts. I have my basic chassis constrained but for some reason when i use the move command the parts still move, but then snap back into place. should this happen?

Also, after giving up on the moving chassis i tried to move onto bearing flats. Bearing flats consist of 3 holes in a line that match up with the holes in the chassis rails. I constrain the face of the bearing flat to the face of the chassis rail. This constraint works and removes a degree of freedom. However, when i try to remove the other 2 degrees of freedom they dont seem to go away. I use the tangent constraint, constraining the hole of the bearing flat to the hole of the chassis rail(which is square) using an offset to make the hole centered. I constrain in both of my remaining degrees of freedom, but they bearing flat still moves. Whats wrong? Attached is the file i have been working on.

Did this post help out? Hope it did.
If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Kudos' Button below.
God Bless

Mwighton
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
JDMather
in reply to: mwighton

An assembly file is simply a list of hyperlinks to part files (*.ipt) and a record of assembly constraints.

You need to attach the ipt files here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report